Upper Primary Teacher

Middle East, Qatar

Qatar Academy - Msheireb

Qatar Academy - Msheireb

About Us

Established in 2014, Qatar Academy Msheireb (QAM), a member of Qatar Foundation (QF) operating under Pre-University Education, is a state-of-the-art Primary, and an accredited school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP).

Qatar Academy Msheireb’s mission is to create an effective learning environment to develop internationally minded and empathetic lifelong learners through a dual-language program emphasizing inquiry-based practices.

404 students are enrolled from Pre-3 to Grade 5. 83.5 % of the students are nationals of Qatar and the remaining 16.5 % represent 13 different nationalities, including Algerian, American, Bahraini, Canadian, Egyptian, Iranian, Jordanian, British, Japanese, Palestinian, Saudi, South African and Syrian.

At QAM staff are encouraged to think critically, creatively and work collaboratively within a ‘culture of caring’.

Enthusiastic and passionate upper primary classroom teacher, experienced in the IB PYP, required. In line with international standards, QAM maintains strong child protection policies & procedures and our school strives to provide a safe & secure environment for all students.

Job Structure

 Teacher

 IB PYP

Elementary/Primary School

Generalist

: Generalist

Benefits

Number of Contract Days - As per academic calendar - up to 180 instructional days per year.

Starting Salary Range - $42,500 US for a teacher with B.Ed and two years experience to $52,515

Taxes - None

Savings Potential
Dependent on lifestyle and extent of travel, potential savings; e.g.
- Single teacher = up to $25,000
- Couple (Both teaching) with 2 children = up to $40,000

Accommodation - Fully Furnished Accommodation provided

Retirement - End of Service Benefits: One month's basic salary for each completed year of service based upon final monthly basic salary.

Flights/Transport - Economy class tickets in connection with annual leave to the nearest international airport in your home country, and one way Economy class ticket at the start and end of the contract.
Transport Allowance paid with the monthly salary.

Utilities - Paid utilities such as Electricity, Water and Landline Telephone

Furniture - Provided

Moving Allowance - Luggage Assistance amount for initial arrival and departure

Dependent Opportunities
The Foundation will provide Education assistance for four eligible dependent children between the age levels prescribed for Pre 3 up to and including Grade 12 as per Pre University Education policy.
Coverage – 13 academic years for children who have not reached their 18th birthday; OR completed high school (whichever is later).
Eligibility – children who are living with their family in Qatar and of 3-18 years of age or in senior year of high school studying a formally recognized curriculum approved by the Ministry of Education

Medical - Life insurance for employee, worldwide medical coverage for employee and dependents

Dental - Provided

Disability - Provided

Start date
End date