Teaching Abroad Direct Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Teaching Abroad Direct Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales with company number 07902945 of 43a Commercial Street, London, E1 6BD, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.teachingabroaddirect.co. uk (our Site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you upload your CV if you are a job seeker, set a job alert, or enter a competition or promotion on the Site and when you report a problem with our Site. If you are using our Site to look for a job, this information may include personal data such as your name, email address, job function, nationality, teaching qualification and years of experience. If you are an educational institution, this information may include your school name, address, region, and contact details.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys or questionnaires about your use of the Site that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders for the placement of advertisements on our Site.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 3 Months.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For example, we may notify educational institutions of your interest in a job or notify job seekers of a vacancy you have advertised on the Site.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
If you are an education institution who is an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or form when you upload your CV).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third party advertisers on the Site apart from educational institutions (who we provide with information about you relating to job vacancies), but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 job seekers aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate informat