Terms & Conditions
JOBSEEKER TERMS & CONDITIONS
In these Terms, the following terms shall mean:-
“Advertisers” means schools and educational institutions advertising Vacancies on the Website for teaching staff excluding any agencies. "Intellectual Property Rights" means all copyrights, patents, registered and unregistered design rights, trademarks and service marks, database rights, domain names, trade names, rights in logos, get-up and content, trade secrets and know-how, all rights in computer software and data, rights of privacy and to confidential information and other intellectual and industrial property rights in any part of the world whether registered or not and including all granted and pending registrations, and all rights to make applications for registration in respect of any of the same.
“Login” means the personal username and password which will be created by you upon Registration, (which may be amended from time to time as enabled via the Website) allowing you to access and use the Registered Services and any associated benefits;
“Registration” means the process of registration for the Registered Services as set out in clause 3;
“Registered User” means a User who has completed the process of registration;
“Registered Services” means the service of providing the Registered User’s section of the Website;
"Services" means the service of advertising educational Vacancies online at the Website and the provision of a Website where Users can browse Vacancies, upload CVs to the Website, and receive job alerts from the Website by email.
“Teaching Abroad” means Teaching Abroad Direct Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07902945 whose registered office is located at 43A Commercial Street, London, E1 6BD, United Kingdom.
“Teaching Abroad Material” means data, information, text, graphics, images, content or resources on the Website created by Teaching Abroad.
“Terms” means these User terms and conditions.
"the Registered User’s section of the Website" means the section(s) of the Website containing the information relating to the User’s job applications, CVs uploaded and selected advertisements;
“User” “you” means a user of the Website who is a teacher seeking work abroad;
"User`s Details" means information submitted by a User including but not limited to name, email address, level of experience (in terms of post qualification experience), subject area and current location) which may be held by Teaching Direct either the whole or excerpts of which may be included on the Website.
"User Material" means curriculum vitaes (CVs), advertisements, text, graphics, images, photographs, sound, video or any combination inputted, uploaded, communicated or provided by you to Teaching Abroad.
"Vacancy" means a current education based employment position and Vacancies shall be construed accordingly.
"Website" means any website owned or operated by Teaching Abroad and any sub-directories and/or sub-domains thereof including without limitation www.teachingabroaddirect.co.uk.
- 1.THE AGREEMENT AND SERVICES
- The Agreement shall commence and have effect from when you first access the Website (which shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of these Terms) and shall continue thereafter unless terminated in accordance with this Agreement.
- The Website is intended for use by those over the age of 18 years. You warrant that you are over the age of 18 years. No one under that age should carry out any activity whatsoever based on the information on this Website. If you are under the age of 18 years please leave the site immediately.
- Teaching Abroad may refuse to process or post the whole or any part of the User`s Details if Teaching Abroad deems them to be offensive or inappropriate or in its absolute discretion it believes to be inaccurate or untrue.
- Please note that when responding to Advertisers you will be dealing with them directly and as such any contracts and/or arrangements will be formed between you and them, without Teaching Abroad as a party and Teaching Abroad cannot be held liable for your use of or any liability arising out of the same (save to the extent required by law). By uploading your CV, you consent to:
- your CV being made available to Advertisers including by way of the CV library and by email from Teaching Abroad; and
- your User Details being listed on the Advertiser’s section of the Website.
2.In order to access the Registered Services it is necessary for you to provide and register certain inf