The Qatar Foundation’s Qatar Academy for Science and Technology (QAST) is a new, STEM-focused high school (Grades 8-12; UK Year 9 to 13) and is seeking a highly motivated, creative and skilled Engineering teacher with a background in electronics and robotics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Professional teaching qualification, license and/or certification.
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience; international education experience preferred.
- Success teaching engineering and robotics programs.
- Knowledge of an internationally recognized Health and Safety framework e.g. COSHE; COSHH; RoSPA
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Google Classroom, at minimum.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any relevant discipline.
- Utilizes interesting engineering demonstrations, labs and activities that engage students and challenges their thinking about interactions with electronics and robotics.
Qatar Academy for Science and Technology (QAST)
- Ability to establish positive relationships with people from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and navigate a wide range of cultural norms.
- Exposure to US-based Common Core, international AERO standards preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing STEM programs preferred.
- Enthusiasm, empathy, patience and resilience.
- Dedication and flexibility, including towards working hours and travel.
- To design, develop and deliver QAST’s Engineering program at the introductory and upper level
- Liaise effectively with the QAST Director, Principal and Teachers.
- Support, implement and help manage the design and procurement of materials for the QAST
- engineering program and innovation center.
- Have experience using some of the following curricula and programs: Common Core, AERO, NGSS,
- Advanced Placement, A-Level (EDEXCEL and or Cambridge exam board experience preferred) and IGCSE.
- Have experience with a wide range of student assessment practices and be able to implement mastery-based rubrics for a range of student’s skills and abilities.
- Have experience with and the ability to conduct a student assessment program such as MAPs,
- EDEXCEL, Cambridge, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with regional schools, educational and governmental organizations, and community groups in order to strengthen partnerships and grow the curricular and educational support at the QAST School and specifically for the Innovation Center.
- Support and provide guidance to the annual i-STEM conference, leadership conference and activities to support community and service projects, and other events.
- Facilitate partnerships with government and corporate bodies to obtain resources and to build knowledge partnerships.
- Support teacher training for teachers in the QF schools' STEM programs related to innovative science and specifically chemistry programs.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and participants: students and teachers from within and outside of Qatar; regional directors and school leadership; QF leadership, board of governors and management; corporate and other institutional partners.
- Exercise responsibility for Health and Safety in the Innovation Center in collaboration with Qatar
- Foundation HSSE.
Dependent on lifestyle and extent of travel, however, there are potential savings; e.g. - Single teacher = up to $25,000 - Couple (Both teaching) with 2 children = up to $40,000
Fully furnished apartment provided and utilities paid.
End of Service Bonus
One month's basic salary for each completed year of service based upon final monthly basic salary.
Economy class tickets in connection with annual leave to the nearest international airport in your home country, and one way Economy class ticket at the start and end of the contract.
Transport Allowance paid with the monthly salary.
Education for Dependents
Education assistance for up to 4 children from the age of 3-18 or until completion of high school.
Full medical cover provided and 85% dental.