Dulwich College Suzhou (DCSZ) seeks an inspirational and innovative educator to join DUCKS from August 2021. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in our fast-growing school in Suzhou, one of China’s most vibrant cities. At DCSZ children in DUCKS are aged 2-7.
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on ensuring every student achieves his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise, ensuring they are prepared for a future that is uncertain. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit and enhance the very best practitioners in education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers. Our teaching and learning is grounded in the Dulwich Learning principles.
A Worldwise Teacher believes in:
- Responsive teaching that creates personalised learning and student mastery.
- The strength of diversity and the power of empathy.
- Positive and constructive communication to foster purposeful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Nurturing professional collaboration to develop both individual practice and learning across the school community.
- Embracing the opportunities provided by working in an international context and being open-minded to different people’s perspectives.
- Schools being dynamic environments that require cognitive flexibility.
- Modelling lifelong learning through regular engagement with professional learning activities that inform and develop best practice.
- Seeking honest, open, professional dialogue to support reflective practice.
- Embracing and promoting the ethos, policies and practices in the school.
- Modelling a positive commitment to the wider life of the school by fully engaging in its service learning and ECA/CCA programmes.
A Worldwise Teacher has the skills to:
- Appreciate the international context of our students and demonstrate respect for diverse languages and intercultural competencies.
- Ensure teaching is grounded in positive student relationships and promotes active learning.
- Enthusiastically empower agency so students have voice, choice and autonomy in the learning process.
- Inspire learning by providing an engaging learning environment aligned to students’ needs and interests.
- Remain flexible and responsive to the personalised needs of each student.
- Accelerate student progress with focused, personalised and effective feedback.
- Ensure teaching draws on a variety of resources and technology to meet student needs.
- Promote school-wide wellbeing, safeguarding, health and safety.
- Model the positive values and behaviours of the Dulwich College International community.
OUR PILLARS, OUR VALUES
- We build bridges to the world to make a positive difference
- We care for one another, our communities and our planet
- We are connected
- The future is always one step ahead, yet we are already equipped with the skills, courage, and compassion to navigate it with confidence
STUDENTS COME FIRST
I put students at the heart of my decisions
I listen to student voice and it is reflected in my practice
I challenge myself to constantly do better
ONE FAMILY OF SCHOOLS
I put the team’s success ahead of my own
I partner across our Group to create new ideas
I build trusting, respectful relationships
I find creative ways forward
I seek out diversity of thought to inform rich insight
I turn ideas into actionable solutions
DCI LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
POST-HOLDER QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
DCSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.