Far East, China
Dulwich International High School Suzhou
We are looking for a music teacher who is passionate and enthusiastic about promoting music to all students. Some-one who wants to inspire every student to play, sing, perform and enjoy music. We are looking for someone willing to go above and beyond to build a music culture within the school that is exciting and energizing.
Dulwich International High School, Suzhou is the school of choice in Suzhou for Chinese parents who wish their children to gain the skills and education necessary for them to be successful in non-Chinese universities. The major destinations for all of our students is the USA and the UK. Our school is home to almost 800 students who study IGCSE and A levels. Our students ask for excellence in teaching and they work hard to achieve offers from their universities of choice.
Our offering is largely academic concentrating on STEAM subjects with an outstanding visual arts component which is becoming more popular as it gains in recognition. Because we believe in developing the whole child, we also have a thriving co-curricular programme in which all students and all teachers participate.
Suzhou is known as the “Venice of the East”. It has a long and colourful history based around the waterways in the province. Much of Suzhou is designed around the lakes and canal system and it makes for wonderful walking, cycling and exercising opportunities. Suzhou is a vibrant city that with an enriching arts and performing culture that also offers many scenic areas of peace and tranquillity. Public transport is cheap and easy to use. The city is also one of the most multi-cultural in China and offers food and drink from all around the world.
Our Teaching Profile
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on every student achieving his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise, ensuring they are confidently prepare for the uncertainties of the future. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers. Our teaching and learning is grounded in the Dulwich Learning Principles
Our Vision of Teachers
Our Worldwise Teachers:
Display self-control and flexibility and nurture these skills in learners
Promote a love of learning and student wellbeing
Show professional initiative and perseverance
Get on with others and have highly developed communication skills
Are committed to internationalism and equity
Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Promote academic rigour and holistic learning
A Worldwise Teacher values:
Evidence-based pedagogy and personalised student learning
A compassionate approach to complex problem-solving
High levels of student motivation and engagement
Professional collaboration and collective efficacy
A Worldwise Teacher's practice:
Lifelong learning and reflective practice
Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
Nurtures supportive and dynamic learning environments
Maximises every student’s opportunity to learn
Activates hard thinking processes and skills
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
DHSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
The successful candidate must be:
• Passionate about Music and be able to inspire students to study their subject further
• Capable of delivering Music knowledge to the depth required at the A2 level
• Successful in showing student progress so that students are fully prepared for external examinations at IGCSE and A level stages
• Experienced (or willing to learn) in using formative assessment in order to advance student learning
• Actively engaged in furthering their own pedagogical knowledge
• Willing to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers in order to create an engaging classroom
• Able to differentiate in order to meet the needs of all students, especially within an EAL environment
• Willing to engage in the student’s own culture (Chinese) in order to fully know your students
• Knowledgeable in the latest safeguarding systems in order to ensure student wellbeing
• Eager to fully engage with the students in their Co-curricular activities
• Adaptable in the classroom in order to make full use of educational technology to meet student needs
• Able to demonstrate that they hold the highest expectations of the students and themselves.