- Work with a group of senior students and their counselors to help them prepare their school selection list and application documents
- Execute and further develop the counseling evaluation system for all of Thomas’s students apart of the counseling program in conjunction with other counseling staff
- Participate in parent meetings informing parents about the importance of well-rounded education compared to exam-focused education
- Develop workshops and material for teachers, counselors and students to help them understand the university application process and prepare competitive applications
- College counseling classes for the students
- Thomas International Schools are located at Shanghai, Jinan and Hefei, which means there will be business trips to different campuses to conduct the evaluation and work with students
- Other duties that may arise from supervisors
• Minimum Bachelor degree in science, engineering, business or the arts.
• A deep understanding of a particular field (i.e Computer Science, Finance, or Industrial Design).
• Good communication skills.
• Compassion/understanding listening skills.
• Respect mentees, regardless of different educational, economic and racial backgrounds.
• TA or RA experiences (preferred).
• Internship or work experience in the relevant field (preferred).
• Ability to speak some Chinese (preferred).
Benefits Included for all Thomas School Candidates:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and overall qualifications[ 17,000-30,000RMB Monthly ]
- Free, fully furnished western-style apartment( or housing allowance )
- $1,200 international airfare allowance
- Work Permit sponsorship
- Medical check and visa fees coverage
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Paid national holidays
- Free school placement for dependent children
- Opportunities for professional development