- To provide for the the needs of the individual children in the class in a challenging, stimulating and secure environment
- To provide an educational environment conducive to the learning of the children in the class in line with the Early Years Curriculum.
DCB has forged an excellent global reputation for being a warm and welcoming community, and a rewarding place to work. DCB students possess a thirst for learning and are highly motivated every day. We wish to attract inspirational, talented teachers who love teaching and want to make a difference with our students. Dulwich College Beijing is an exciting place to teach and learn. Winner of several international awards in the last few years, including the International School Award for Creativity in Learning in 2019, the College is dynamic, collaborative and has the highest goals and expectations for its staff and students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters.
DCB is located in Shunyi, around forty-five minutes from the heart of Beijing. The capital is a truly exhilarating place, with its cultural sites, ancient heritage and all the amenities associated with a large and vibrant city. From fascinating Hutongs to the many green spaces around the city, there is something for everyone. Beijing will be the host of the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, with the alpine area only one hour by train from the city centre.
A Worldwise Teacher believes in:
- Responsive teaching that creates personalised learning and student mastery.
- The strength of diversity and the power of empathy.
- Positive and constructive communication to foster purposeful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Nurturing professional collaboration to develop both individual practice and learning across the school community.
- Embracing the opportunities provided by working in an international context and being open-minded to different people’s perspectives.
- Schools being dynamic environments that require cognitive flexibility.
- Modelling lifelong learning through regular engagement with professional learning activities that inform and develop best practice.
- Seeking honest, open, professional dialogue to support reflective practice.
- Embracing and promoting the ethos, policies and practices in the school.
- Modelling a positive commitment to the wider life of the school by fully engaging in its service learning and ECA/CCA programmes.
A Worldwise Teacher has the skills to:
- Appreciate the international context of our students and demonstrate respect for diverse languages and intercultural competencies.
- Ensure teaching is grounded in positive student relationships and promotes active learning.
- Enthusiastically empower agency so students have voice, choice and autonomy in the learning process.
- Inspire learning by providing an engaging learning environment aligned to students’ needs and interests.
- Remain flexible and responsive to the personalised needs of each student.
- Accelerate student progress with focused, personalised and effective feedback.
- Ensure teaching draws on a variety of resources and technology to meet student needs.
- Promote school-wide wellbeing, safeguarding, health and safety.
- Model the positive values and behaviours of the Dulwich College International community.
How to apply:
DCBJ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
To apply for this position you will need to include: an application letter your CV details of three referees from your current and previous employer