Far East, China
Dulwich College - Shanghai Pudong
Dulwich College believes that each employee makes a significant contribution as an individual and as part of our workforce team to the on-going success of our College. Therefore, this post specification is designed to outline primary responsibilities, but not limit the employee nor Dulwich College to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the College that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever reasonably required, to enable the best outcomes for our students and contribute positively to the overall reputation and development of our organisation.
POST-HOLDER DESCRIPTION OF GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Communications oversees all aspects of internal and external communications, which includes some aspects of marketing. The successful candidate will develop and lead an integrated communications and marketing strategy that is focused on the retention of our current clients and building the reputation of the College in accordance with our values. They will be a key external and
internal spokesperson for the College, accountable for the College’s reputation, pre-empting issues and leading crisis communication.
The Director of Communications will engage with a breadth of stakeholders (partners, parents, students, staff, media), leading through the line advertising and communication campaigns. As guardian of the school’s brand, they will be accountable for the content strategy and how this is executed across paid, owned and earned channels, supporting school growth and strong advocacy within the College’s communities.
The Director of Communications is a member of the College Leadership Team (CLT). The CLT has joint responsibility for the overall direction and success of the College whilst having their own area of responsibility.
POST-HOLDER DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The core emphasis of this role is communications with marketing, related to retention and reputation.
Integrated Communications with marketing
• Localise and execute the Group communications and marketing strategy and guidelines
• Provide strategic counsel to CLT and internal stakeholders across a breadth of communications and content issues and needs relating to external and internal audiences
• Own and implement the College content strategy and roadmap
• Own and implement advertising campaigns, including online and offline (including SEM), to build the reputation of the College and its values amongst the target audience
• Strategise and implement a multi-channel framework including website, social media channels and communications platforms targeted at key stakeholders (eg. parents), that is constantly adapted to face changing stakeholder utilization
• Measurement and evaluation of communication and marketing activities to constantly improve and drive effectiveness
• Support development of content across all College communication channels (earned, owned and shared), partnering with different College stakeholders as appropriate
• Drive the College’s media relations plan through creation of news stories and media engagements (interviews, press events, networking sessions)
• Ensure newsletters, other publications and modes of communication are engaging, on-brand and reflect Dulwich codes of practice
• Brand stewardship and overseeing of marketing services processes to support design requirements within the College community
Crisis Communications Preparedness and Management
• Lead on strategy and content development to manage issues or crises at the College
• Anticipate and advise on potential issues
• Develop plans to attenuate and manage issues
• Work with the Group Director of Communications to tailor crisis communications protocols and templates for local implementation
Stakeholder and Community Engagement
• Develop communications strategy to drive parent engagement and support parent body (Friends of Dulwich) communications
• Identify improvement measures and supporting KPIs in tandem with the parent communication experience
• Lead a strategic programme of community outreach to strengthen College advocacy and community betterment
• Represent the College at media industry events to drive brand support with the media influencer set
You will be line managed by the Head of College