Far East, China
Dulwich College - Shanghai Pudong
Contract: Fixed Term
Classification: Expatriate Teacher
Responsible to: Head of Junior School
Responsible for: All students as allocated, both academically and pastorally
POST-HOLDER QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE.
1) Relevant degree or equivalent
2) PGCE or equivalent.
3) At least 2 years teaching experience with a Primary School setting (Year 3 – Year 6)
4) Experience working within a collaborative environment
POST-HOLDER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES.
1) Support and actively promote DCSPD’s Vision and Purpose.
2) Plan, resource, and deliver lessons within the Junior School Curriculum for identified
3) Monitor student progress in accordance with the School’s assessment and tracking
policy and practices.
4) Have a safeguarding, wellbeing, and pastoral duty of care, in accordance with College
and School policy and practices.
5) Contribute effectively and regularly to the School’s co-curricular programme
6) Take initiative with regard to personal professional development and learning
7) Attend PL days, parents’ information events, staff meetings, publicity events and the like,
8) Remain up to date with developments in respective subject areas and also in the
teaching of these subjects.
9) Ensure that professional behaviours at all times enhance the positive reputation of DCI
group and the College, particularly mindful of our international context.
10) Comply with all College, School, departmental and DCI group policies.
11) Carry out any other duty as may reasonably be required by the Head of Junior School.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all
the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe
recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task
Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting
practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful
references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.