Aldar Education are currently seeking a Teacher - Primary Creative & Performing Arts for Noya British School to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
Noya British School, proudly a part of Aldar Education and situated on the vibrant Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, stands as the newest flagship school for the Aldar Schools brand. Nestled in a community that offers proximity to various amenities, entertainment options, and a vibrant international environment, Noya British School creates an enriching and convenient backdrop for families seeking a world-class education.
Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the delivery of a high-quality British curriculum at an affordable price point, ensuring accessibility for families aspiring for excellent education. Our educational programs are designed to be rigorous, enriching, and tailored to equip students with the skills essential for success in the 21st century. Personalised learning is at the heart of our approach, recognising that each student is unique. We believe in nurturing individual talents and interests to foster a dynamic and engaging educational experience. This commitment extends to creating a warm and inclusive community where a sense of belonging is cultivated, and collaboration among students, parents, and educators is encouraged.
Sustainability is integral to our ethos. Noya British School is not just a place of learning; it's a community that actively promotes environmental consciousness. Through various initiatives and practices, we aim to instil a sense of responsibility towards the planet, preparing our students to be environmentally conscious global citizens.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
- To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and Learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists, if required.
Assessment and Data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings.
Behaviour Management and Duties:
- Follow the school’s behaviour policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioural policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider Professional Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to student’s achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school.
- Run a weekly ECA each term.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- Minimum 1- 2 years Teaching experience.
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
- The incumbent requires to reside in the same Emirate of the school assigned to.
What We Offer
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.