Middle East, Qatar
Awfaz Global School
Middle East – Qatar
- The first Awfaz Global School was founded in 2009 and offers an outstanding British-style education to children in the local community. We have 3 campuses across Doha with around 1,500 students. We cater for all nationalities however the majority of our students are Qatari Nationals. Our school is continually expanding to meet the needs of our community in providing quality education for students from Early Years up to IGCSE and increasing to A-Levels.
- Awfaz Global School endeavours to provide a holistic education to students, so that they grow into confident, caring and global citizens. We educate our learners to understand the vital need to make our world a sustainable place to live.
Special Education Needs Coordinator
We are seeking individuals who are adaptable to change, thrive on challenges and have a true desire to develop life-long independent learners.
We invite applicants who are committed to:
- Nurturing and developing every aspect of a child’s development
- Making learning meaningful, student centred and enjoyable
- Contributing to the wider life of the school
- Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders
- Professional development both within their schools and across our network of schools.
Essential requirements & skills:
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or Bachelor’s Degree BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS for the age group you will be teaching.
- A minimum of 3 years recent teaching experience required.
- Interest in researching new initiatives and implementing them whilst evaluating current processes
- A good understanding of special education teaching and learning.
- Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English is an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate with leaders.
- Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old for this position.
- A strong commitment to raising educational attainment for children and young people with SEN, including working with pupils directly and supporting other staff to do so
- A willingness and ability to develop specialist knowledge and keep up to date with local and national policy and developments
- Influencing and negotiation skills - to influence school strategy and policy, secure sufficient internal resources, and secure the necessary support from external agencies
- Leadership skills - to inspire and motivate other teachers, model good practice, and develop a whole school commitment to supporting pupils with SEN interpersonal skills - for building relationships with parents, teachers, and external professionals
- Written communication skills - for writing learning and support plans, reports on pupil progress, and training and guidance for staff
- Organisation and time-management skills - needed for prioritising and balancing a busy and varied workload
- Empathy and emotional intelligence - in order to recognise and be sensitive to the needs of pupils and parents
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - necessary for analysing school, local and national data and developing appropriate strategies and interventions.
Overall purpose of this post:
To assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, provide leadership, support and direction for SEND, ensuring pupil achievement and progression through effective inclusion for all pupils.
To work closely with the Principal, Heads of Dafna, Duhail and colleagues in the strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs [SEND] policy and oversee the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement.
To co-ordinate and monitor the delivery of special educational needs [SEND] support throughout the AG group of schools.
To build, maintain, lead and manage SEND provision which continually enhances the quality of teaching and learning.
To co-ordinate and monitor the development of individual education plans [IEP] for all learners with additional needs.
A full expat package is offered for employees only, including:
- Competitive tax free salary depending upon qualifications & experience.
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Visa & Residency
- Economy return flights for employee on completion of one (1) full contractual year
- Discounted tuition fees for dependents.
- End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor Law.
- Leadership opportunities may exist for suitable candidates
Interviews by Zoom or physically
Please send your letter of application/ personal statement explaining your suitability for the position you have applied for along with your CV which must include your contact details and the email addresses of three professional referees.
Important Note: Per Qatari Labor Law, all candidates MUST attest their relevant degree(s) prior to visa and employment approval. Candidates will need to contact their local Qatar Embassy for exact requirements and the process on how to complete attestation. Candidates will need to attest the following,
- Relevant degree(s)
- Academic transcript
- Letter from the university stating degree, duration, mode of study was a full time on campus student’. Online degree(s) are not recognized in Qatar.
- The selected applicant will be required to provide a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the equivalent or similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.