Middle East, Qatar
Qatar Academy - Al Khor
In collaboration with the Educational Leadership Team and the Administrative Team, the Primary School Principal is responsible for the effective development, delivery, and evaluation of all educational programmes, including academic and pastoral elements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or an Honors Degree, QTS and postgraduate qualifications in educational leadership
- Relevant experience in the field of teaching in Primary Education
- Knowledge & experience with PYP implementation in Primary Education
- Experience of responsibility and leadership capacity in an educational setting
- Experience building and maintaining an effective school culture with high consideration for cultural sensitivities and values of the school and the community
-Understanding, knowledge, and implementation of best educational practices
- Understanding and experience with fostering interdisciplinary planning and teaming
- Understanding and experience in integrating technology into the curriculum to improve student achievement
- Understanding and experience in analyzing data and developing improvement/action plans
- Highly effective interpersonal, leadership, and written & oral communication skills
-Bilingual (Arabic/English) preferred.
-Knowledge of ELL best practices (Preferred)
The following are key attributes sought in the successful candidate:
• Positive, flexible and ambitious
• Goal oriented; a planner and focused
• Inspirational, thoughtful, sensitive, proactive
• Strategic, supportive, adaptable, a community builder
• Knowledgeable, resilient, dynamic, emotionally intelligent
• Problem-solver who evaluates, compares and relates information, identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization and uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations
• Child-centered leader who has strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to create a dynamic and positive school environment conducive to student learning, academic progress and social-emotional wellbeing
• Ability to solve problems, think creatively to find solutions, remain professional, calm, and focused in crisis situations
• Ability to anticipate problem issues before they arise and make plans to overcome them
• Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner when making decisions or drafting plans
• Ability to engage staff in a shared, collaborative leadership model, in which all staff have an opportunity to contribute to policies, processes and systems
• Willingness to demonstrate continuous professional growth by seeking a variety of opportunities
• Willingness to support school decisions and maintain positive staff morale
• Willingness to show respect and support for the local culture and traditions and engage with staff to do the same
• Willingness to lead by example
• Ability to review existing policies to enable effective problem solving and sound judgment accordingly
• Ability to exhibit sound judgment in order to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balance benefits and risks to identify areas of uncertainty
• Ability to evaluate information through penetrating questions, thus ensuring complete information is available to make informed decisions
• Ability to arrive at well-researched decisions that balance quality service and cost
• Ability to encourage and support appropriate risk-taking by subordinates when making decisions
Salaries are tax free and range from GBP £2750 per month for a teacher with B.Ed and two years teaching experience to GBP £3400 for a teacher with with a Master’s degree and 15 years experience.
Fully furnished apartment provided and utilities paid.
End of Service Bonus
One month's basic salary for each completed year of service based upon final monthly basic salary.
Economy class tickets in connection with annual leave to the nearest international airport in your home country, and one way Economy class ticket at the start and end of the contract.
Transport Allowance paid with the monthly salary.
Education for Dependents
The Foundation will provide Education assistance for four eligible dependent children between the age levels prescribed for Pre 3 up to and including Grade 12 as per Pre University Education policy.
Coverage – 13 academic years for children who have not reached their 18th birthday; OR completed high school (whichever is later).
Eligibility – children who are living with their family in Qatar and of 3-18 years of age or in senior year of high school studying a formally recognized curriculum approved by the Ministry of Education
Full medical cover provided and 85% dental.
Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar); Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements; Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
Aligned with all QF Schools, all members of the QAK community are responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons according to PUE and regulatory safeguarding requirements - including but not limited to the provisions of the PUE Child Protection Policy.