Middle East, Qatar
Directors Languages Qatar
As an integral member of the Directors Languages Qatar training team, you will be tasked with providing Level 2 Science (Physics) to the Qatari Armed Forces onsite at the Qatar Technical Institute, Al-Udeid Airbase, Doha. You will be required to work 5 days per week (Sunday to Thursday). There will be an induction prior to deployment onsite in Qatar. Deployment will be end of July 2020, with teaching starting at the end of August.
As a Physics teacher you will be required to:
• Prepare and review session plans, schemes of work and teaching/learning materials.
• Plan and teach engaging and exciting learner-centric training sessions to inspire and motivate learners in the classroom, workplace environment and on-line, depending on employer requirements.
• Carry out skills assessments
• Prepare innovative teaching materials
• Use teaching resources, worksheets and IT to get the best out of learners
• Work with senior management to ensure learning objectives are met
• Carry out marking, administrative tasks and keeping accurate records
• Provide pastoral support to vulnerable students
• Instruct through lessons, workshops, and role-play scenarios using tablets, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement lessons.
• Adapt teaching methods to meet the varying needs and styles of students.
• Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students, organising learning resources and the classroom environment.
• Meet with training managers, other teachers, and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems.
• Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour.
• Prepare, administer, and mark tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Report on student progress on a regular basis.
• Use a Learning Management System to facilitate learning and report on student progress and take attendance for each lesson.
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Relevant degree discipline in Science
• PGCE or equivalent
Behaviour and Attitude
• Be an outstanding teacher with excellent curriculum subject knowledge
• Be a committed professional with a determination to make a difference
• Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
• Be a team player
Competitive Tax-free salary
• Accommodation allowance or shared housing provided on compound
• Private Medical cover
• Enhanced paid leave