Middle East, Qatar
Qatar Academy - Doha
Seeking passionate, enthusiastic Humanities & Social Studies teachers to join our collaborative and vibrant IB Middle Years Programme teaching team, from G6 to Grade 10 for the 2020-21 school year.
The MYP Humanities & Social Studies teacher is responsible for teaching and developing the approved curriculum in area of expertise, managing student behavior, and carrying out teaching duties as outlined in the school handbook.
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to be part of a collaborative team who values kindness, builds strong relationships and demonstrates respect and integrity.
He / She would also be a part of the largest school in the QF family with over 1800 students, Qatar Academy Doha (QAD) is organized into Primary, Middle and High School divisions, with an Early Education Center for children as young as 6 months of age.
The school’s approach to DP & MYP education is through trans-disciplinary inquiry. We would be delighted to talk with teachers who; understand how to build language skills across the curriculum, integrate technology to enhance learning, are able to effectively differentiate for a range of learners.
There is an expectation that you are a lifelong learner and you are willing to be innovative to help our school continuously improve.
Attributes & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in education-related field or relevant subject matter.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience teaching in relevant grade level or the relevant subject matter.
• International Baccalaureate DP/PYP experience preferred.
• Enthusiastic practitioners who are excited by growth and innovation
• Committed to the wider school life and co-curricular programme
• Willing to lead initiatives and put ideas into action
• Demonstrated evidence of successful collaboration
• Student-Growth Mindset
• Understanding that all teachers are teachers of language and different learning needs
• Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar);
• Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements;
• Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is highly completive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include a tax-free salary, housing, health, life and long-term disability insurance, annual home leave, shipping allowance, gratuity and tuition benefits for Pre K – Grade 12 school-age dependents.
Please note: We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
All appointments are subject to the submission of the completion of a Safer Schools Recruitment form, attested qualification certificates and satisfactory completion of background checks, including police/DBS clearance, as appropriate.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.