We have an International school seeking to appoint a passionate, experienced Speech and Language Therapist with a clear vision of excellent, inclusive provision. To start in early September 2020.
This is a large, mainstream international primary school with a dedicated Learning Support Unit and specialist teaching team. The school currently has over 650 students on roll from 3-11 years. The SEND register reflects a wide range of learning needs. Students are the children of local and expatriate staff who work for a Natural Gas company. The school uses the English National Curriculum for English and Mathematics alongside the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The school is situated in a well-kept company residential area which houses both the school staff and families working for the company.
This is an opportunity to become part of an ambitious school with a values-driven approach – where children are at the heart of all we do.
We are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist who:
• is a native-level English speaker
• holds a recognised degree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent with eligibility to join regulating body, eg. The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
• has extensive experience of supporting primary age children with a range of needs
• can coordinate, implement and lead high quality interventions for SLCN children
• is able to strategically develop our policy and practice
• knows how to form strong relationships with other support specialists and with parents/carers
• can provide training for both staff and parents to enable deeper understanding and use of successful strategies to develop communication
• is child-centred and passionate about learning
• possesses a positive team-spirit, creativity, resilience and a good sense of humour
In addition to working in a happy, learning-focused and forward-looking company school, you will receive a highly attractive package, including:
• a very competitive, tax-free salary
• free housing (with no-cost utilities)
• relocation assistance
• free or subsidised school places for dependent children
• generous travel allowance
• comprehensive international medical insurance
• free access to local recreational facilities
The successful applicant will be offered a two year contract in the first instance with an option for annual renewal thereafter.