Far East, Myanmar
Dulwich College - Yangon
In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking Toddler teachers to work in both of these campuses. At DCY, children can join our Toddler setting from the age of 2. They stay in the Toddler setting until they join our Foundation 1 class (they must have turned three by 1st September).
Applications are invited from practitioners who are passionate about implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage framework in an outstanding, spacious learning environment with free-flow indoor-outdoor provision. They should be highly resourceful, collaborative, forward-thinking professionals who are actively aware of the latest developments in Early Years education, so that they can provide the best learning opportunities for the children.
Our approach to learning is extremely child-centered and is based around children’s interests. We do not follow set topics/themes. Experience of using UK Development Matters EYFS framework as well as online learning journals is essential.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• An innovative and creative approach to learning, with a solid understanding of early childhood development
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
• A genuinely child-centered and child-led approach to learning
• Excellent understanding in using the learning environment (indoor and outdoor) to provide the maximum impact on student development
• Experience of how to adapt learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all, especially for students who do not have English as a first language
• Strong skills in the documentation of learning to support individual interests
• A genuine interest in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school and an understanding of our international context
• An eagerness to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose-built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.