- Primary Teacher qualification
- Minimum of 5 years full time teaching experience and Early Childhood/Lower Primary experience of at least 3 years
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in early literacy and numeracy development
- Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
- Positive work ethic
Responsible for: All teaching, appropriate marking and record keeping assessing and reporting on pupil progress and effective contribution to school standards.
Reporting to: Headmaster
- Have a clear understanding of the Key Stage 1 curriculum.
- Produce Short/Medium/Long Term teaching plans in accordance with Wycombe Abbey guidelines, ensuring relevant deadlines are met;
- Liaise with relevant Heads of Departments and Class Teachers regarding cross-curricular subject matter;
- Ensure that lessons are well prepared, efficiently resourced and appropriate to the ability level of the pupils in question;
- Teach pupils of all abilities with commitment, enthusiasm and to a high standard of competence;
- Liaise with colleagues on all matters of common concern regarding pupils and the curriculum;
- Follow the schools SEN policy;
- Liaise with the schools SENCo to plan IEPS as appropriate;
- Attend courses to keep self and staff informed of further developments;
- Attend all staff meetings and training days as required;
- To ensure that the classroom is an attractive, organised and stimulating working environment with relevant and regularly changed displays;
- To attend meetings and other activities both within and out of school which provide opportunities both for the exchange of views and other areas of professional development;
- Attend assemblies/services as directed by the Headmaster;
- To keep up to date with school policy documents;
- Attend parents’ evenings and staff meetings;
- Ensure individual reports are written for each child in accordance with Wycombe Abbey School guidelines, ensuring relevant deadlines are met.