Far East, Hong Kong
Clearwater Bay School is a four form entry school with a capacity for 720 students.
Clearwater Bay School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving the Sai Kung, Clearwater Bay and Tseung Kwan O communities in the Eastern New Territories of Hong Kong. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.
Primary Music Specialist Teacher (TLR4)
Clearwater Bay School requires a Primary Music Specialist Teacher (TLR4). The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
Main Accountabilities Teaching and Learning:
• Plan music lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching, learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
• Use learning technologies such as the EWB and the school digital learning environment to enhance learning.
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents/caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and use the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensure administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
• Collaborate with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
• Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
TLR 4 responsibilities include:
• Lead and coordinate the school music program and associated performances including choirs and ensemble performance groups.
• Lead and manage the Arts curriculum area.
• Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent
• 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred.
Closing Date: 31 Mar 2019
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at +852 23583221 or email@example.com
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Start Date: 01-08-2019
Apply By: 31-03-2019