Far East, Hong Kong
West Island School requires a Teacher of Design and Technology. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
We have invested in classroom design and facilities which replicate some of the best university learning environments. Led by a Head of DT who is focused on creating design briefs that emphasise the circular economy and sustainability, our young people are inspired as much about their own learning as they are about bringing real solutions to the world. We are looking for an equally talented and passionate teacher of design technology:
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in the subject with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years classroom experience
• Commitment to inclusion and ability to differentiate effectively
• Experience of teaching DT across the age and ability range (Year 7-13), using a range of materials
• Knowledge and/or experience of teaching MYP, GCSE IB (or their equivalents)
• Evidence of contributing to an extra-curricular programme
• Pro-active, adaptable and passionate team player able to share responsibility for the development of written, taught and assessed curriculum.
• Understands how inquiry learning is applied in the discipline of Design Technology
• Knowledge of CAD / CAM or willingness and ability to learn
We are particularly interested in teachers who may offer one or all of the following to contribute to our programmes in other ways:
• Knowledge and experience of teaching Btec or vocational qualifications
• Passion for and ability to enthuse students in new and emerging technologies
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Start Date: 01-08-2019
Apply By: 13-01-2019