Far East, Hong Kong
Sha Tin College
Sha Tin College is a member of the English Schools Foundation and was established in 1983. Sha Tin College is very well established with an outstanding reputation. The expectations of students, parents and staff are understandably high. As an international secondary school offering IGCSE and IB MYP and IBDP/CP, we are based in the New Territories of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community with over 1200 students on roll.
IB MYP Coordinator (TLR 1 - 1 year renewable) - in conjunction with a teaching position
Sha Tin College is seeking to appoint an IB MYP Coordinator (IBMYPC) and in conjunction with a teaching post, to support the authorization and implementation of the IB MYP and oversee the academic programme for Years 7 to 9. The IBMYPC is a senior curriculum leader who forms a core part of the College’s pedagogical leadership team and is instrumental to the continued development of the IB MYP vision, leadership and management in line with College mission, values, policies and procedures.
LEADING THE TEAM
● Coordinate meetings and documentation for authorization and evaluation of the MYP
● Ensure the programme is authorized and implemented and that all matters and recommendations arising from IB authorisation and evaluation visits are addressed
● Conduct all MYP correspondence with the IB and ensure all fees are paid
● Ensure that the school complies with IB programme standards and practices
● Ensure teachers comply with programme requirements and that appropriate records are kept
● Resource and disseminate IB MYP information and materials
● Conduct orientation sessions for new students and parents entering Years 7-9
● Update prospectus/website/VLE information
● Conduct information evenings for parents/guardians in regard to all aspects of MYP implementation
● Keep records of workshop attendance and school visits and facilitate training
● Understand and promote MyIB and any other ICT developments by the IB
● Liaise with MYP coordinators in other schools in Hong Kong and internationally
● Liaise with fellow STC IB PYP, DP, CP Coordinators regarding the transitions between programmes
TEACHING, LEARNING & CURRICULUM
● Facilitate the development of integrated units of study
● Organize the Community Project mentoring system and clarify expectations
● Guide teams through IB unit planning, horizontal and vertical planning, and ATL articulation
● Ensure that unit planning and internal assessment are organized and standardized through collaborative planning and reflection among all staff members
● Ensure MYP assessment information is communicated to parents/guardians
● Monitor the effective integration of the key and related concepts within teaching and learning
● Monitor the effective integration of Approaches to Learning (ATL) throughout the programme
● Monitor teaching and learning through global contexts, including the provision of opportunities for sustained inquiry into a range of locally, nationally and globally significant issues and ideas
● Manage the process of curriculum review and development for each of the eight subject groups, to ensure continuing MYP quality and alignment
● Ensure the concept of international mindedness permeates all subjects
● Provide teachers, students and parents with guidance concerning the Community Project and Service Learning
● Facilitate and provide teacher training to develop understanding and implementation of the programme including inquiry learning, service learning, IDU, etc
● Take responsibility for inducting all new faculty into the Middle Years Programme
● Recommend the participation of staff in externally-run professional development
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience.
Personal Skills and Abilities
● excellent negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving skills with a solution-focused attitude
● excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, students and parents with a view to empowering others
● commitment to supporting and developing a holistic approach to student development and well-being
● excellent organizational skills and timely follow-up.
Knowledge and Experience
● a sound practical knowledge of curriculum development
● pedagogical expertise
● solid ICT skills
● previous demonstrated leadership skills will be an asset.
For enquiries, please contact Lorna Gomes at [email protected]
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.