The Discovery College is now recruiting a Head of Secondary for the academic year 2019-2020 onwards (Start date to be mutually agreed).
Discovery College is looking for a leader who is:
- Committed to and inspired by the school’s Vision of “Grow. Discover. Dream.”
- Visible, approachable; a great communicator who builds positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Dedicated to setting high expectations and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Supportive of Positive Education/Visible Learning inherent in the wellbeing focus already established at the College.
- Excited to be part of and contribute to a highly reputable foundation of 22 schools.
- Able to recognise the importance of enabling and resourcing staff to fulfil their potential.
- Able to manage and deliver both excellent educational and operational results.
- Someone who encourages collaboration and a shared sense of purpose, while being a firm decision-maker.
- Committed to the effective and responsible use of technology in support of the learning programme.
What Discovery College has to offer a new Head of Secondary:
- Discovery College’s reputation as a highly-respected school in the international community, with a record of excellent academic achievement.
- A strong organisational culture and mission: a diverse student body and commitment to produce students who are “independent learners / international citizens.”
- A palpable sense of community built on trust and transparency.
- A culture that embraces new ideas and uses innovation for continuous improvement.
- A uniquely designed, state-of-the-art campus with extensive facilities.
- A strong Leadership Team and supportive Council, with positive working relationships between the two and a strong commitment to common goals.
- A supportive and appreciative parent community.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate students.
- Senior management experience in a similarly sized (Secondary or all-age) school
- Experiences in a range of different schools, with a well developed school outlook
Abilities – The candidate will be skilled at
- Setting high expectations and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Building a professional learning community
- Building positive relationships with external stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds; and
- Reflecting and evaluating when embedding change in a school context
- Understanding of assessment for learning
- Understanding of personalised learning
- Proven ability to develop community and parent links
- Proven ability to build a professional learning community
Knowledge – The candidate will
- Have an understanding of leadership capabilities in a school context
- Have sound understanding of the primary/secondary curriculum for students of all abilities
- Understand how students learn and in particular how to meet the needs of EALand special needs students
- Understand effectiveness in Performance Management and Development
- Development / Training to Support Role Competencies
- Development activities
- Evidence of having developed a range of senior leadership skills and experiences in current role and the ability to reflect and learn from them.
- Evidence of training for a senior leadership position
- Relevant courses
- Appropriate leadership development professional development relevant to the role
Closing Date: 15 May 2019
For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at +852 +852 39691000 or email@example.com
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.