Panaga School Brunei
Panaga School is seeking a Key Stage 1 or Lower Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher with a passion for learning. We have an opening for the academic year 2022-23, and would like to hear from teachers eager to join our inspirational team.
About Panaga School
Panaga School is a Shell Affiliated School, it is owned and operated by Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP). The school is located in the peaceful country of Brunei and is nestled on the coast overlooking the South China Sea. The campus is spread over two sites in four separate buildings.
Find out more about our wonderful school by exploring our website: www.panagaschool.com
Teaching and Learning
Over 28 different nationalities learn together at Panaga School, and our close-knit community strives to fulfil our Mission of:
‘Together Improving Learning’
We provide a holistic and dynamic education, balancing academic progress with the development of personal qualities and international mindedness.
In the Early Years and Primary classes, learning is planned from the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the National Curriculum for England. In the Middle Years students learn from an exciting school designed curriculum, blended with the National Curriculum for England. Specialist subject teachers enhance learning in Music, Physical Education, Art, ICT and Swimming.
Panaga School actively seeks and appoints education professionals who are highly qualified, dedicated and committed to their work. Our teachers are experienced in international education and support our students to learn and grow within a caring and supportive community. Around 75% of our teaching staff are well established and have an average length of service of 4+ years.
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants will need:
• Certified teaching status through a recognised qualification such as a degree in Education, PGCE or equivalent
• Proven work experience in education
• Proven experience of teaching an English medium curriculum at Primary level and preferably, but not essential, experience of teaching an international curriculum
• Proven experience and a deep knowledge of current best-practice in the field of teaching and learning
• Knowledge, skills and understanding of professional practices that relate to diverse and international contexts
• An ability to demonstrate an international mindset and work in a positive and collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders
• An ability to work within a team
Panaga School Offers
• Competitive salaries with additional annual performance bonus
• Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
• Comprehensive international private medical cover, (BUPA)
• Free education for dependent children (where applicable)
• Relocation assistance
Offers of employment are subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
Successful applicants will be asked to apply for an International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC), www.acro.police.uk/icpc/or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
How to Apply
If you meet our requirements and would like to apply, please submit a full C.V., outlining qualifications, areas of expertise, career history and include details of three referees (one should be a current employer)
Please indicate your availability and the notice period at your current school.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st July at 12.00 noon (UK time).