Aspen Heights British School (AHBS) is a truly inclusive school based on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi. We are proud of our inclusive ethos and our commitment to ensuring all children are provided with personalised learning experiences and the proper support to ensure they can make progress in learning in all areas.
The Counsellors priority is to support the academic and social welfare of pupils by initiating and maintaining a positive relationship with pupils, staff and families in order to enhance the school’s academic mission of providing amazing learning. He/she is also responsible for engaging the community in building cooperative partnerships for the sake of a pupil’s success. He/she is expected to develop a healthy, safe and productive environment in which pupils can achieve their potential and are required to counsel and support pupils on personal development issues or when dealing with complex and sensitive issues.
- Fully support the mission and vision of Aspen Heights Britsh School
- Fully support ISPs vision of ‘Amazing Learning’ for the school
- Helping children manage their feelings and deal with a range of incidents
- Providing group and individual support on an ad hoc and planned time to talk basis
- Managing playground games, buddies and other systems within the school
- Monitoring and managing pupil attendance and punctuality
- Providing formal counselling with consent of the family
- Supporting staff in managing incidents and behaviour
- Supporting families – individuals, support groups and larger groups e.g. through workshops
- Working with staff to analyse in school assessments
- Working with the inclusion team, medical and safeguarding staff to provide the very best pastoral care for children
- Taking responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with research and developments which may lead to improvements in the counselling service provided, arranging and delivering relevant training for staff as and when needs are identified.
- Meeting the requirements of the local regulatory body
- Contributing to the safe and smooth day to day running of the school