Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University School of Foreign Languages
Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University is a government university in Turkey and has around 14,000 students who study in various fields.
It offers the students an intensive English Language Programme which aims to teach the students for a period of 8 months before they move to field studies. There are also general compulsory English language courses, courses of English for occupational purposes, and elective courses in languages such as Arabic, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Russian. The University plans to recruit native speakers of English to teach English and non-native speakers to teach English and other languages.
Bandirma is a town by the sea in the western part of Turkey. The town has a population of 160,000. The area is certainly safe and economically developed. Bandirma is located in an area where you can travel to big cities like Istanbul, Izmir and Bursa easily, too.
Accommodation is not provided. However, the university will help with renting a flat. The University has buses for commuting for all of the staff including foreigners.
• Maximum 24 hours of teaching per week (45 minutes a class hour)
• Exam preparation, exam watching and meetings
• Contributing to curriculum
+ A full-time renewable contract for a year
+ Full state health insurance
+ 3-week holiday in the summer and all national holidays
+ Saturdays and Sundays off
Fluent Speakers of English:
• Citizens of the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of teaching or languages
• At least one of these certificates; TEFL, TESOL, DELTA, CELTA
• Master’s Degree in English Language Teaching/English Language and Literature / Linguistics
• Able to teach Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, German or Japanese
Teaching experience of at least 24 months of teaching experience with learners over 18
Adequate job skills and personality traits
Please apply by sending an email message. Please do not apply if you do not have the requirements.
• Scanned copies of your degrees and certificates
• Cover letter