South America, Peru
Academy of English Today's Language
Do you have a passion for teaching, traveling, or experiencing different cultures? How about all three, the Academy of English in Peru brings you the Total Spanish Experience (TSE), a program that does exactly that, all while being a volunteer, teaching ESL to the local community (kids-adults). Let me explain:
As a volunteer:
• You will have the opportunity to present pre-prepared lessons for young learners all the way up to adults.
• Continued education at the weekly meeting (every Thursday)
• No more than 20 working hours per week.
• 1,2,3,week to 3-month contracts.
• Fully furnished apartment (with kitchen), shared housing (great location), clean drinking water, Wi-Fi, hot/cold showers,
The Total Spanish Experience (TSE) helps you get the most out of your time here. As our lessons our pre-planned, that gives you minimum time prepping lessons so you can focus on the TSE program and explore what Peru has to offer. The TSE program will teach you all about how to travel and navigate it within the city, neighboring cities and all the beach towns by offering the following:
• Spanish lessons (10-15 hrs. per week) Speak like a local.
• Excursions-weekly popular sites (pyramids, museums, beaches, and much more).
• City tours-get to know your city and neighboring cities.
• Cooking- (Peruvian dishes) and dance classes-traditional and popular dance to “shake it off”
• Meals-Peruvian style cuisine Monday-Friday (breakfast and lunch).
Now seeking Volunteers for mid-March, as well as April and May (although we accept teachers year-round).
Warning: This is a once in a lifetime experience, but it is not for everyone. If you are an adventurous person join us here, you can live like a local. To APPLY please visit us at totalspanishexperience.com and set up an appointment, by clicking on the tab labeled appointments and booking under Volunteers/Workaway. Talk to you soon.