South America, Ecuador
TEACH IN ECUADOR AT INTERNATIONAL HOUSE GUAYAQUIL
Details of Position
Growing language school looking for CELTA-/DELTA-qualified, experienced EFL teachers for general English, exam preparation, Young Learners/Teens, one-to-one and in-house teaching. Competitive salary, friendly staffroom, supportive environment with CPD a real priority. Opportunities for gaining valuable experience in different teaching contexts.
IH Guayaquil affiliated to IH World Organisation of language schools in 2014, and is the authorized Cambridge Assessment English centre covering the coastal region of Ecuador. We offer a residential CELTA course as well as a part-time option for local teachers, and CELT-Primary and CELT-Secondary - a real opportunity for DELTA-qualified / experienced teachers to move into teacher training and/or speaking examiner work (minimum two-year commitment required).
NB IH Guayaquil is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
- CELTA, Trinity, IHC or equivalent recognized by the International House World Organisation.
NB An online TEFL/TESL course is NOT considered an adequate initial teaching qualification.
- Experience of EFL teaching (minimum of one year preferred)
- Some experience with YL teaching preferred
- Experience teaching exam preparation classes preferred
- Undergraduate degree essential.
- Candidates must have a C2-level of English proficiency
Salary and Benefits
Contracts are for two years in accordance with IH standards. Absolute minimum of one-year commitment required. Shorter contracts are not offered.
US$960-1440 (net) depending on qualifications and experience (for 80 teaching hours per calendar month - extra hours paid on top)
* Free visa on completion of one-month probation
* $1000 'bonus' upon completion of 2-year contract
* $150 stipend upon arrival to help towards initial accommodation costs
* Excellent, comprehensive CPD program
* Free local medical insurance
* Monthly salary rather than hourly paid inc. sick leave and four weeks paid leave per annum (not including Public Holidays)
NB We do NOT provide initial financial support for flights or accommodation though we will help you find somewhere suitable to live when you arrive.