South America, Ecuador
Location: The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Position: English Instructor
Starting date: 20 April 2020 and 20 May 2020
Successful applicants will be offered a position teaching English to students from the local community on the island of Santa Cruz in the Galapagos.
Ages at the school range from 5 to adult. One-hour long classes run from 230PM - 830PM from Monday - Friday. All Paragon teaching staff have a daily one-hour planning session from 1:30-2:30.
Teachers’ stipends vary depending on the number of classes they teach each month. Teachers are asked to teach a minimum of three classes and may teach a maximum of five classes per day.
Minimum Qualifications (volunteer minimum qualifications**)
- C2 Level of English
- University degree **
- 120+ hour TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate
- Travel insurance
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Preferred: MA in teaching or TEFL
- Preferred: 1+ years experience teaching in an EFL context.
- A minimum monthly stipend of between USD 600-1000 depending on class load.
- Access to state-run health care
- Assistance acquiring housing
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Reimbursement of relevant visa fee paid upon completion of work agreement.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $500) paid upon completion or work agreement.
1) Your resume
2) A model lesson plan (preferably one you have been able to put into practice).
2) A short video demonstration of how you might instruct students to identify and utilize connected speech in the following sentences.
- He kicked it around.
- What's something good that happened today?
- A violin is an instrument.
3) A short scaffolding explanation (250-500 words) in which you describe how you would recycle and build upon your instruction of #2 above in the days and weeks following.