Asia Sub Continent, Bangladesh
RISE is a Cambridge English medium school, with an enrolment of 350 students aged 5 to 18, in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Although we are regarded as Sylhet’s premier International School, we are a community school, charging very low fees. Board members, who are respected pillars of Sylhet Society, have their own children in the school. Therefore quality, not profit, is the driving factor behind the school ethos.
We are looking for:
• A graduate with a minimum 2:2 degree in any subject
• Qualified ESL teacher (e.g. CELTA)
• Minimum 2 years prior experience teaching English to students with a foreign language
• English Speaker
• Knowledge of phonetics
• Experience of teaching Cambridge IGCSE ESL preferred but not essential
• A rare opportunity to work in Bangladesh
• $1700 tax free per month plus accommodation and utilities paid, and annual flights.
• Two Year fixed contract, renewable by mutual agreement
• Friendly staff and well-behaved students
• Immediate start available, otherwise start in September
Sylhet is a small town in northern Bangladesh. There are many natural and cultural things to see in and around Sylhet. However, it is not a city suited to those seeking thrills and nightclubs. Alcohol is available in limited venues; therefore, moderate drinkers are welcome. Dhaka, which is more cosmopolitan, is 50 minutes away by plane. Bangladesh has strict laws regarding use of drugs.
Teaching couples may apply, but the application partner will be paid on a local salary scale.
You will be expected to work standard hours (8am to 4pm, Sunday to Friday), plan for lessons, assess and feedback to students, who will be adults and children. Holidays are standard school holidays. There may be opportunities, through the school, for private tuition in the evening or weekends, but this is not a requirement of the job.