Far East, China
Union Jack International Language School
We are a privately owned British school and a well established English training center with a focus on teaching English to students between the ages of 4 up to adults.
Currently we need 1 experienced teacher to cover students in the age range 4-12 years old.
The atmosphere at Union Jack promotes friendship and team spirit amongst the staff. The opinions of each staff member are valuable and appreciated in reaching our goals of being a better school today than we were yesterday. Every new staff member has an experience or talent that will help benefit our students and our school.
We take professional development seriously; all current Managers started as teachers, as the school believes in providing the teaching team with the tools and opportunities for growth. A comprehensive training program is offered, focusing on curriculum training, teaching skills and classroom management.
- Fluent Speakers
- At least 2 years classroom teaching experience,
- Degree obtained in a native-English speaking country,
- TEFL/TESOL certification,
- Energetic, humorous, outgoing, creative and passionate about teaching and sharing culture and customs from across the globe,
- A professional and conscientious work ethic, healthy and a clean criminal record.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly salary: 12,000-20,000 RMB depending on qualifications and experience,
- 200 RMB per hour for over-time, if required,
- 2 weeks paid holidays per year as well as paid Chinese public holidays,
- Fully furnished private apartment,
- Working Visa and Foreign Residence Permit,
- 12 month contract end bonus of 5,000 RMB
The work schedule is 40 hours per week of which no more than 24 will be teaching hours. The remaining time is for office duties including lesson preparation, meetings etc. 2 days off will be given per week.
There are a maximum of 8 children per class. Classes are split by age and English ability. A bilingual assistant teacher with be with you at all times during your lessons as well as assist with the preparation of your lessons.
Dalian is the second largest city in Liaoning Province. It’s a costal and a very pleasant, laid back city to visit and live in than most Chinese cities of comparable size. The large number of foreign businesses in the city and foreign students and teachers at the city's many universities ensure that there are plenty of companies (from up market hotels, shopping malls, cinemas, western restaurants, import stores, deli’s, bars and coffee houses) which cater to those who do not call China their native home.
To apply please send copies of your passport, resume, TEFL/TESOL certificate, degree and introduction video.