Far East, China
Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
You will be enthusiastic and passionate about nurturing young individuals and this will translate into the way you teach. Your teaching will be exciting and challenging for your students, motivating them to achieve an outstanding performance. As this role will be based in China, the successful applicants will need to comply with all employment legal obligations for China.
These 1-year fixed term contracts will offer the successful contractors the opportunity to live and teach in one of a number of stunning locations in China, including Chengdu, Nanjing and Guiyang. You will need to be qualified to teach ESOL, and hold a recognised qualification (such as CELTA or TESOL), and have previous teaching experience. You will be a New Zealand citizen/hold permanent residency for New Zealand.
• Teaching English and providing academic support to students.
• Collaborate with UCOL academics and academic staff members.
• Participation in the development, review and moderation of course materials, curriculum and assessment design to enable graduate outcomes to be met and evidenced.
• Key administrative tasks include the timely and accurate maintenance of student records and performance, including attendance records, assessment results, course outlines and moderation plans.
• Act as an Ambassador for UCOL within the institution that you are working.
• Participation in marketing, career and promotional activities may be required.
The Skills required:
• Qualification in Teaching English as a foreign language (Trinity TESOL, CELTA or equivalent).
• Teaching qualification.
• Ability to work independently and part of a team.
• Ability to teach at a foundation level.
• Familiarity with Chinese culture.
• Highly motivated, energetic and positive.
• Excellent communicator.
• Attentive to detail and organised.
The remuneration package is between $66,000 and $72,000, broken down as follows:
1. Salary equivalent to $40,000-$45,000 per annum;
2. A teachers allowance of 1,000RMB per month paid directly whilst in China; plus
3. Pre-departure allowance of $1,000 (incl. GST).
In addition, UCOL will cover the full cost directly of:
1. Accommodation in China (including all utilities) valued at $15,000 (incl. GST) per annum; and
2. International and domestic return airfares between New Zealand and China, up to $5,000 (incl. GST) per annum; and
3. Travel and Medical Insurance up to $1,500 (incl. GST) per annum; and
4. Pre-trip vaccinations and medical requirements up to $1,000 (incl. GST) per annum; and
5. A multi-entry Chinese work visa up to $1,000 (incl. GST) per annum.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity please send a copy of your curriculum vitae along with a covering letter outlining your skills.