North America, United States
About the Position:
BECOME A NeuABC TUTOR, a Powerful Online Platform—with Macmillan Content! JOIN THE TEAM! CRICKET MEDIA is seeking experienced and enthusiastic U.S. or Canada-based ESL/EFL teachers as tutors for a new online EFL tutoring service designed to help Chinese primary students learn English through a 1:1 match with native English speakers.
As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online EFL lessons as independent contractors working from home. Tutors choose their own schedule during our available hours, 7am-9am EST Monday-Sunday mornings and 8pm-10:30pm EST Friday and Saturday evenings, based on client volume and needs. The children, ages 3–12, will be excited to practice English with their tutors in an engaging, interactive 1:1 online setting.
Welcome to Happy NeuABC! You'll be working on a dynamic platform powered by NeuPals and Cricket Media, partner companies in China and the U.S.—with tried-and-true content adapted from Cricket Media Content Library and Happy Campers by Macmillan Education, LLC. Together, Cricket Media and NeuPals will supply platform training, teaching tips, assignments and scheduling, and tech/scheduling support.
- Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a Foreign Language)
- Native Speakers of North American English living in the U.S. or Canada
- Bachelor's Degree required. TESOL/TEFL Certificate or MA in TESOL is preferred
- At least four (4) hours a week during our peak times for teaching (7am-8:30am EST Mon.–Sun., 8:30pm-10pm EST Fri. & Sat.)
- Experience teaching ESL/EFL to children, in the classroom or online, ages 3–12
- In addition to the classroom/online experience, 1:1 tutoring experience is ideal
- Comfort and experience delivering online instruction using tools such as PowerPoint, Zoom, etc.
- Access to high-speed internet (at least 20 Mbps download) capable of transmitting seamless video and images.
About Cricket Media:
Cricket Media® is a global education company known for creating high-quality print and multi-media products for children, families, eMentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by its ten award-winning publications for children and customizable research-tested collaborative learning platform, the company is committed to making, building, and supporting innovative learning experiences with high-quality, age-appropriate content that help children safely experience the world. We help families and schools build and support lifelong learning. Cricket Media’s ten magazines are published nine times a year, creating an ever-growing digital library of more than 150,000 short-form articles and illustrations.
In2Books, a division of Cricket Media®, is a China-centric platform and services company with a focus on literacy, language learning, and international education.