The Teacher will educate and inspire students to learn about subjects and develop the skills that will help them succeed. Teachers focus on different subjects and use varying methods based on the age range and learning abilities of their students.
Applicants must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Responsible for establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the classroom.
- Demonstrate competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of academic curriculum as specified, and able to communicate effectively with students.
- Organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
- Use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to
- concepts and skills taught; consistently, clearly, and effectively evaluate student progress.
- Cooperate with the student’s clinical team; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students. Specific attention will be given toward prompt attendance at scheduled meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
- Teacher will follow VQ dress code standards.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility by enforcing VQ policies and regulations. Flexible schedule (evening, weekends, Holidays) to facilitate program services.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid Certification (CPR) and fingerprint clearance.
- Posses a valid driver’s license and eligible to drive to facilitate program services as required bycontractual agreement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member of VQ.
- Knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Software programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services field
- Child welfare and/or case management experience is strongly encouraged
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.