North America, United States
Speak Confident English
Speak Confident English is seeking a new teacher to join its team to deliver online, small group classes through our Advanced Conversation course at set times with Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday schedules.
At Speak Confident English, we act more as coaches and confidants to students seeking social mobility, career opportunities, or comfort in a new English-speaking home: moving to Canada or the U.S. to build a better life and seeking new friendships; adjusting to life as a refugee; working as an executive director and advocate in a human rights organization; a new opportunity to lecture in an international university program; or starting a new company and working with international clients.
Our team works to bring compassion, support, and kindness to the life of each client while also providing practical instruction in how to develop confidence in English. And we believe every success—no matter how big or small—is worthy of celebration.
**Job Offer Details**
- Part-time, contracted teaching position with small group classes via our Advanced Conversation course (starting at 4-6 hours/week).
- Potential to add hours via 1:1 teaching.
- Join a thriving community of highly-engaged students and a passionate international team.
- Provide lessons to students from around the world on topics that are relevant, practical and provide social mobility + professional opportunities.
- Work from anywhere — but you must be able to meet our Internet requirements at all times.
- Competitive hourly rates.
**Essential Skills and Requirements**
Please note that we’re serious about these minimum requirements and will not consider anyone who doesn’t meet them.
- A native English speaker
- TESOL qualification – CELTA or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience with adults/professionals
- Comfortable online and on video
- You live in one of the following time zones: GMT – 5, -6, -7, -8 (also know as Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time in the U.S.)
- Must understand world time zones and how they work. Students in your classes will live all over the world; they’ll expect you to be timely and aware of time zone differences.
- Requires flexible availability Monday – Friday, including some evening hours.
We’re looking for someone who cares about our mission and our clients; someone who really wants to be on our team and who embraces what we do with enthusiasm, not someone just looking for an online teaching job. We aim to grow Speak Confident English sustainably with teachers and specialists who can contribute to the company’s vision and offer skilled, compassionate assistance to our professional clients.
Resumes submitted via email will not be considered. Please follow the application process outlined at the web address provided.