Far East, Thailand
I Can Read
I Can Read is a large literacy-based learning organisation which has operated for over 18 years in multiple countries. We specialise in the teaching of English literacy skills in addition to other important areas of child development, such as cognitive and social skills.
We currently have 23 centres in Thailand with more planned to open soon. Successful applicants will be required to teach reading, writing, speaking and listening skills using the specially-developed I Can Read System. Most I Can Read students are aged between three and twelve. Applicants must be comfortable with teaching young children.
We are seeking qualified applicants for full-time (5 days per week - 3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday) positions at our upcoming centre in Chiang Mai (Available late July) and various weekend part-time and relief positions around Bangkok. Applicants must complete the I Can Read training programme in Bangkok before they can commence work. I Can Read teachers are required to apply the methods learned during their training in their classes and observations will be conducted to assist teachers with delivering the programmes correctly.
Ideal I Can Read teachers will possess the following attributes:
- A completed bachelor's or higher degree from any recognised tertiary institution. (Teachers with no degree may at times be accepted but a different salary package to the one below will apply)
- A TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate (120 hours minimum).
- Be a native speaker from a country whose primary language is English (Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland and
South Africa) or have completed a substantial amount of your education in one of these countries.
- Clear speech with a universally understandable accent. This is essential for the teaching of phonology.
- Energetic and experienced in teaching or working with children.
*Please note that applicants from South Africa must have a degree, TEFL, TOIEC certification (or be prepared to obtain one) or access to their own means of obtaining a long-term visa.
12 and 24-month full-time contracts are available with preference given to applicants who are willing to sign and complete a 24-month contract. The following before-tax rates are for teachers with a degree and TEFL/TESOL/CELTA only; other rates apply for teachers without these qualifications:
- Minimum post-probation salary (for provincial centres) of 40,000 THB per month for degree-holding Native Speakers from the above countries. Different rates will apply to teachers who are not from the above countries or do not hold a degree.
- Additional bonuses.
- Work permit and visa provided.
- Flight bonus for 24-month contracts.
- Two consecutive weekdays off per week.
- Ongoing professional development.
Interested applicants must apply for the position by email with the
- Unique cover letter that: a) demonstrates that you have read the position
description, b) mentions which centre you would prefer to work at (if no
preference please state this), and c) outlines why you are interested in
working for I Can Read
- Detailed Resume/CV showing all relevant work and study history with two
contactable referees included
- Scans of any relevant qualifications
- Scanned copy of a valid passport or recent photograph
Please note that, as this is a teaching position, responses not displaying a
professional standard of communication (such as one-line responses/emails
written entirely in capital letters/emails containing excessively poor
grammar or spelling) or that do not contain the information requested above
will not receive a response.
Due to the high volume of applications we regret that only candidates who
have been selected for an interview will receive a response. We look forward
to hearing from you soon.