English Educational Services
**Updated 16th October 2019 at 13.10H local time
GUARANTEED Language Assistant Positions in Madrid and Madrid Region starting in October and November 2019. Both Primary and Secondary school posts in Bilingual schools.
• Timetable of four hours per day, four mornings per week, with either Mondays or Fridays free. (Sixteen class hours per week)
• Contract through to the end of June 2020, with a further academic year optional (2020 – 2021)
• Working in the classroom together with Spanish teachers of English and possibly teachers of some other subjects; all in English
• 1,000 Euros net per month with all school and public holidays paid until end of June
• Evenings free (to supplement your income with private classes, if desired)
• NO knowledge of Spanish or previous classroom experience necessary
• Help given with bureaucracy, opening bank accounts and finding accommodation
• Applications from couples welcome.
- Evenings free (to supplement your income with private classes, or academy work, if desired)
N.B. Because we are unable to charge the schools or their respective education departments a fee for our services, we are making a single, nominal charge of 200 Euros to each Language Assistant presented successfully, to cover our basic costs of recruitment. This will only be payable once your post has been confirmed by the relevant Education Authority and you have commenced your duties..
Please note that in over 30 years of operation we have never charged teachers for our services. This is the first time we have been unable to cover our costs through the schools and education departments themselves.
All relevant applications will receive a reply: Being a native speaker, having a University Degree and an EU passport are the minimum requirements to apply for an Assistantship
PLEASE GO TO "JOB REQUIREMENTS"
** Other (EFL) posts are sometimes available in Madrid and the provinces. Others becoming available throughout the academic year.
For EFL posts only, you should hold a recognised qualification such as CELTA, CELT, Cert. TESOL, or similar. PGCE also very welcome. Applications by couples also very welcome.
Salary and benefits
Salary (for Language Assistants) is 1,000 Euros net and can easily be supplemented by working in a language academy in the evenings or with private classes.
• Initially, contracts until the end of the academic year, June 2020
• Teacher Assistant posts available throughout the academic year beginning October and November 2019
• Almost all positions are renewable by mutual consent for a further academic year.
1) LANGUAGE ASSISTANT POSITIONS (18 positions). University Degree, EU PASSPORT and native speaker of English. NO PREVIOUS CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE NECESSARY (but welcome). TEFL Course also a plus. Start in October or November.
2) EFL POSITIONS: CELTA, CELT, TESOL Cert, PGCE or similar, depending on job specification. Staring all over Spain throughout the academic year.
How to apply
Please forward an up-to-date, personalised, CV to Richard Harrison in standard "Word" or "pdf" document.
Let us know your EXACT first date of availability
All appropriate applications will receive a reply.
Many thanks for your interest.