Far East, South Korea
English Faculty Position at DongYang University, Dongducheon-si,
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
A Non-tenure track English Faculty Position at DongYang University(DYU), Dongducheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea. Seeking qualified native English instructors to begin teaching in the spring semester of 2020.
Workplace : Dongducheon Campus
Number of person(s) to be hired : 2-4 person
- Title: Assistant Professor
- Responsibilities: Regular 18 hours of teaching English courses per week during each semester.
- 20 hours of teaching during each vacation for summer or winter English camp etc.
- Other obligations include keeping weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, and participating in various department activities and events.
- Date of Appointment: March 1, 2020
- One-year, renewable contract
- Salary: 2,200,000 Korean Won per month (Master’s degree holder)
- National health plan and private school pension premium.
- Off-campus housing (utilities not included) or a housing allowance (300,000 won) added to your salary every month.
- A large, modern on-campus shared office
- 4 week paid vacation each summer and winter vacation (= total 8 week paid vacation per year)
*During the vacation period, overtime pay is 25,000won per hour. (OT during the semester is 20,000won per hour)
-A master's degree or higher,
-A bachelor's degree (with at least two years of elementary, middle, high school or university education experience)
- Experience of teaching in an English-related context preferred
- CELTA/TESOL/TEFL Qualification holder preferred
- Native speaker of English from an accredited graduate school (Master’s degree)
- Master's degree (2 years experience in teaching or English related research)
(No specific Major required/ *Preference given to Master’s degree, CELTA/TESOL/TEFL certificates)
- Full-time School (elementary school, middle school and high school) teaching experiences are counted as teaching experience.
- Any Private Academy (especially Hakwon in Korea) teaching experiences are not counted.
- Application form
*Please download and fill out the DYU application form first. If you do not use the DYU application form, your application will not be processed. The form can be downloaded here.
(1) A cover letter and resume with photo (passport size) attached
(2) 1 Recommendation letter with contact information
(3) A copy of degree(s)
(4) A copy of transcripts
(5) A copy of employment verification letter(s)
(6) A copy of any CELTA /TESOL/ TEFL certificates if applicable
(7) A copy of passport and alien registration card
(8) A copy of Criminal Record Check
(Note : Full set of required documents must be presented as a whole. Any missing document shall not be accepted)
Qualified candidates for the positions will be contacted via e-mail for an interview on January 29, 2020.
Candidates will need to bring the followings with them to their interview:
- Original degrees (these will be returned)
- Sealed official transcripts of same degrees (these will be held)
○Application Period and Interview Schedule
1) Application Period: January 14, 2020 ~ January 28, 2020
2) Only short-listed candidates will be notified individually on January 29, 2020
3) Scheduled to Interview: January 31, 2020
※ The application and interview procedures are conducted at the Yeongju Campus.
DongYang University is located in Yeongju-City, Gyeongsangbuk-do, 2 hour away by Express bus from the Seoul Central Express Bus Terminal. It can also be reached by train from Cheongnyangni Station.
All Application Packets should be submitted via Email. Application Deadline is January 28, 2020(Until the necessary Assistant Professors are hired.)
Required level of English speaker
CELTA/TESOL/TEFL and/or More than 2 years teaching experience preferred