Far East, South Korea
Kongju National University
We are seeking qualified and experienced English Visiting Professors to join the Office of Liberal Arts Innovation of Kongju National University in Gongju, Cheonan and Yesan. The Office of Liberal Arts Innovation administers credit Freshman English Conversation classes.
Openings at our Gongju, Cheonan and Yesan Campus (Chungcheongnam-do)
1. Starting date : March 1, 2020
2. Teaching Days: 5 Days (Monday-Friday)
3. Total Teaching Hours: 24 hours
-24 hours Freshman Conversation ; Practical English
-If you teach more than 24 hours, you will get overtime charge.
4. Contract Period : March 1, 2020 - February 28, 2021 / with possibility of renewal
5. Monthly Salary Range
- 2.3million won (holders of BA), 2.5million won (holders of MA), 2.7million won (holders of PHD)
6. Housing Allowance : On-Campus housing available, BTL Standard
※ If living off campus, monthly allowance(BTL Standard) will be given
7. Overtime : 27,000 won/ hour
*Occasional staff meetings and work-related responsibilities will occur.
Benefits and Vacation
1. 50% support for 4 major social insurance policies
2. Within 20 weeks paid vacation / year
3. Bonus: After the completion of the contract, will be paid 500,000 won
1. English Speaker
2. Holders of BA with at least 4 years teaching experience or MA with at least 2 years teaching experience at an officially approved institute
-(Preferred) Majored in areas related to education, English education or English literature
-(Preferred) Holders of English education certificates(e.g TESOL/TEFL/CELTA)
3. Must attend a face-to-face interview.(If not, you will not be considered)
○ Resume and cover letter
-If you are working in Korea, please specify your visa status and the expiration date.
○ A copy of Diploma(s) affixed with and Apostille or A copy of diploma verified by the Korean consulate in your native country or A Copy of Diploma attached with documents issued by the Korean Council for University Education (KCUE)
○ Transcripts(Undergraduate and Graduate)
○ Certificate of employment
○ Copies of Teaching Certificate(s)(Teacher’s certificate, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA ect.)
○ Copy of Passport: Photo / Information Page
○ If Applicable: copy of Alien Registration Card
○ Two letters of Recommendation
Application Period : January 14, 2020 ~ January 19, 2020
Interviews (including 15 minutes class demo presentation) January 28, 2020
※Schedules may be changed according to school conditions.