Far East, South Korea
Jeju National University
The Department of English Education at Jeju National University is looking for a well-qualified non-tenure track visiting professor for the fall term in 2019.
- The successful applicant will be expected to teach English conversation and writing courses to English education major undergraduate students, and communicative language teaching methodology courses to graduate students, starting on September 1, 2019.
- Master's degree required. TESOL or related field preferred (e.g., Applied linguistics, Linguistics, Communication, English literature, etc.)
- Minimum of two years' experience teaching ESL/EFL at the university level
- 2.4 million KRW per month (tax included, 28.8 million KRW per year), plus overtime pay
- Teaching hours: 12 hours per week (overtime pay for extra teaching hours)
- Housing Allowance: On-campus housing available
- Health Insurance
- One-year contract (renewed annually upon evaluation)
1. Resume and cover letter (If you are working in Korea, please specify your visa status and the
2. Copy of University Diplomas (BA/MA)
3. Copy of Academic Transcripts
4. Copy of Passport: Photo / Information Page
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
6. Copies of Teaching Certificate(s)(Teacher¡¯s certificate, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA ect.) (If you have it)
7. Copy of Alien Registration (If currently residing in Korea)
8. Apostilled Copy of the Criminal Record Check by government
* All documents submitted will not be returned.
- Application period : July 23, 2019 ~ July 29, 2019
- Document review : July 30, 2019 ~ July 31, 2019
- Interview : August 1, 2019 ~ August 5, 2019
- Announcement of the successful candidate : August 9, 2019
The above schedule can be changed according to circumstances at the department.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please send all the required documents by mail or e-mail to the address below (Email preferred)
- Please feel free to contact if you have any questions. Email preferred.