Far East, South Korea
Bewegung Leggio ELC
We are seeking for the very best teachers. As a highly competitive institution, we provide higher than market compensation in salary and benefits.
Established in 2006 by two graduates from Murray State University, Miltan Institute has been at the forefront of English Education for more than 13 years. Located right next to Incheon Metropolitan City Hall, Miltan currently teaches over 500 students and continues to serve as the hallmark of English education in South Korea. Our mission is to develop the minds of all students and prepare them for the rigor of highly acclaimed international universities. Miltan received numerous awards from the Korean Education Ministry and many of Miltan's students have attended and performed excellently at the nation's best high schools and colleges. Due to our great reputation in the Korean Education field, Miltan's faculty members have transitioned into some of the world's best teaching positions, graduate degree programs, and corporate jobs in Korea and abroad.
Miltan prides itself in its faculty and staff who all have the ability to communicate effectively in English, which warrants no need for Korean competency. Miltan's education director graduated from Stanford University in 2018 and the school's founder, Mr. Moon, graduated from Murray State University in 1997. Having lived abroad, Mr. Moon appreciates Western culture and treats the foreign teachers with utmost care and respect. Wages are always paid on time.
Although we have a set curriculum we allow teachers to be creative with their lessons to ensure enjoyable and rewarding classes. Our academy is extremely open about adopting new teaching practices and we welcome all suggestions to improve the overall quality of the community.
Miltan is situated at a critical and important location in Incheon. Both Incheon Airport and Seoul are very close to school, taking thirty and fifty minutes via subway, respectively. Furthermore, the school is located in a very safe and upper-middle class neighborhood with over 10,000 households living in nearby apartments. There is a plethora of stations, local markets, starbucks, famous bakeries, restaurants, and other attractions within a 5-minute walking distance from the school. The neighborhood has a Lotte department store, Kyobo bookstore, and 3 large cinemas. In addition, Incheon Arts Center and Bupyeong are close by (fantastic nightlife!). Incheon Grand Park, which is famous for its hiking trails, and the seaside Wolmido resort, are only a short bus ride away as well.
We are seeking a teacher who:
- has an F4, F6 or E2 visa
- is a Native English Speaker, preferably from North America
- has a teaching certificate OR TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate OR majored in Education
- is passionate about teaching and able to interact with students of varying ages and abilities (No kindergarten)
- Prefer candidates who have documents ready (apostilled diploma/criminal background check)
- Start Date: in Ocotber, negotiable
- Classes Monday - Friday, between 2pm-10pm with breaks. No Weekend Classes.
- 30 classes (40-55 minutes) max per week
- 2.3-2.7 million won/month (negotiable, depending on experience/teaching qualifications)
- Severance: One month's salary bonus on completion of contract
- Start Date: in October, negotiable
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Full Round Trip Airfare
- Settlement Fund of $200
- Abiding by Korean law and regulation, we provide 50% of the funds that are paid for health insurance and Korean Pension Fund
- Fully furnished housing (walking distance)
- Healthy dinner provided by Miltan's cafeteria (Only English institution in Incheon to have its own cafeteria)
- Best quality Air purifier, humidifier, air conditioner/heater have been setup in all of Miltan's property: 4th to 6th floors
- Interior designs can be looked up in Miltan's homepage (miltan.co.kr)
- Salary increase after one year (amount is negotiable)
Because we have established ourselves as a highly credible and reputable institution in the field of Korean Education, we have provided many recommendation letters to our excellent teachers. In past years, Miltan's teachers have gone to teach in different places and at various industries. Some of these include teaching positions at Korean Universities, corporations, and many jobs in both the public and private sectors.
Please email your resume and a copy of your passport. We look forward to reviewing your application!