Far East, Myanmar
We are looking to employ an English Teacher with an outstanding track record of teaching English lessons to Primary students. The English Teacher will be responsible for guiding and educating the students through the English curriculum.
To ensure success as an English Teacher, the candidate must be qualified in English as a first language. The English Teacher must possess a pleasant disposition which will enhance the learning process. Ultimately, an outstanding English Teacher should engage students in meaningful and fun activities, creating an environment conducive to learning.
English Teacher Responsibilities:
• Follow the curriculum the school uses.
• Compose lesson plans in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson.
• Execute lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
• Engage students to ensure a lively classroom atmosphere.
• Instruct students about the structure and content of the English language.
• Emphasize the rules of composition, grammar and sentence construction.
• Teach students to think critically when studying literature.
• Teach students to analyze and question media reports, advertisements, and news reports.
English Teacher Requirements:
Our salary year is from 1st week of June to 30th April
• Our teacher-working year runs from early June through to 10th April.
• For those that complete an 11-month contract and are offered and accept a second-year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May. (Paid pro rata for those that start after 1st June)
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from either Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality apartment style air-conditioned accommodation
• Utilities paid
• US$200.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own accommodation.
• Free basic maid and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work-related transportation costs.
• Basic simple medical cover.
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are performance-based advancement opportunities.
US$1600 first year and US$1800 Second year and US$100 increase every year after.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teacher’s salary in their own country.
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with a neutral accent.
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least TWO full year practical leading and teaching classroom experience.
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
How to Apply:
1. A covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the following documentation.
3. A copy of your passport
4. 2 Letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
6. Any other relevant documents