Far East, Japan
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF YOUR STUDENTS, THIS IS IT!
FRIENDS is a small English school that offers quality education in a homey and caring environment. For over a decade, Friends has been dedicated to the vision of nurturing our students, from our very young learners to adults, to help them develop a strong academic background, a global outlook and one who will thrive on independent thinking coupled with a kind, caring heart. We are looking for that special educator who relishes the challenge and satisfaction of doing just that! The position of English Teacher at FRIENDS requires a hardworking and dedicated individual with meticulous organization and communication skills and a passion for teaching and interacting with children while helping to run a small school. The position allows you the opportunity for an up-close, in-depth look at the lives of your students as well as life in Japan in general.
FRIENDS is located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture. A city of approximately 350,000 located in central Iwate, Morioka is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to other major cities located to the north and south. Morioka is only a 2.5 ~ 3-hour ride south by superexpress train to Tokyo. The nearest ski resort is a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east. Morioka has all the conveniences of a modern city with the warmth and coziness in addition to the history and character of a smaller town minus the concrete jungle. Set amongst the beauty of nature, it is perfect for healthy, outdoor living. Morioka really does offer you the best of both worlds!
FRIENDS seeks Teachers who are selfless and have a strong commitment to their job, employers, colleagues and the students they teach. The positions are perfect for those who can work independently with little supervision while also being team players. Teachers who have a strong, proven work ethic, a passion for teaching children and those who are mature, loyal, kind, honest and teachable will find our school environment suitable. The city is a wonderful place for those are just as happy spending time on their own as in the company of others.
The successful applicant will make up a part of a DEDICATED team of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education majors, especially in Early Childhood
2. Only Native English speakers need apply
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Experience living abroad preferred
5. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of
humor - We like to laugh!
6. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and adept at
7. MUST LOVE TEACHING CHILDREN!
8. STRONG WORK ETHICS: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal,
honest, nurturing and responsible with an abundance of initiative and
9. Must enjoy both in-class teaching as well as being productive working
alone during lesson planning and administrative periods.
10. Possesses drive to make a positive impact in & out of the classroom
i.e. someone who embodies all the wholesome values that a child can
model after. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US!
11. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural
environment and possess great communication skills.
12. Has experience and genuine preference for living in a smaller city (pop.
just over 350,000) away from big crowds, and closer to all that nature
has to offer!
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting at 255,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offers
3. Bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive
contracts amounting to at least 24 months of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation between April to March
(Japanese school year). Holidays are calculated pro-rata if joining mid-
5. Fully furnished, single-occupant accommodation with all rental set-up
fees equal to a number of months’ rent, paid by the school (i.e. key
money, realtor’s commission, etc.) Very reasonable monthly rent
responsibility of the occupant.
Centrally located i.e. about a 10-minute walk to work, a 10-minute walk
to downtown and a 20-minute walk to the train station.)
6. Visa sponsorship
7. Caring bosses who are passionate about and hold a high standard for
their schools, and a great school family
8. Greenery and a cozy, friendly town
* *THE POSITIONS
1. Commence APRIL 2020 & AUGUST 2020
2. In-class teaching hours: 24 ~ 34 hours/week in a variety of settings
3. A mix of children and adult classes with a high concentration of the
former. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to supplement textbooks
and curricula used in class, if required
5. Administrative and some PR, sales work
* * CONTACT:
Please include your:
(1) cover letter (Tell us your background, personality and character,
interests, teaching philosophy and reasons for applying for the
(2) updated resume
(3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (taken no later than 6 months ago)
(5) the photo page of your current passport (to show nationality).
*Please send big emails in installments.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Check Inbox AND Junk Folder for our reply.