Far East, Japan
Friends English School
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is a small school that offers quality English education in a homey and caring environment. For over a decade, we have been dedicated to serving the needs of our students from our Moms & Bubs class all the way to our older adult students with a majority of our students of elementary school age. Wholesome values MUST be the hallmark of our Instructor’s life in and out of the classroom, empowering her/him to lead by example. The position of English Teacher/School Manager also requires a person with meticulous organizational skills who enjoys administrative work to assist the owners in running the school. The candidate must be both a strong team player who also works well alone, is patient, kind, flexible and understanding of the pros and cons of working and living in Japan. For example, Japanese society values proactive cooperation in a group setting and sincerity in putting others before oneself. So do our schools. Self-serving individuals will find it difficult to work within our environment.
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture. Morioka is a city of approximately 350,000 in the center of Iwate. Flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to other major cities located to the north and south, Morioka is only 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train to Tokyo. The nearest ski resort is a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east. Morioka has all the conveniences of a modern city with the warmth and coziness as well as the history and character of a smaller town minus the concrete jungle. Set amongst the beauty of nature, it is perfect for healthy, outdoor living. Morioka really does have the best of both worlds!
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is the place for an English Teacher/School Manager as well as a Support Kindergarten English Teacher who is bubbly, enthusiastic and can work independently, is loyal, respectful, hardworking, very kind and above all, has a passion for teaching children and a strong desire to always do his/her best for the students and the schools.
The successful applicants will make up a part of a DEDICATED team of
teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1.University degree (preferably Education majors, especially in Early Childhood Education/Development .)
2. Only Native English speakers need apply.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of humor – We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and good at problem-solving.
6.MUST LOVE TEACHING CHILDREN
7.Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest,
nurturing and responsible with an abundance of initiative and creative energy.
Must enjoy classroom teaching as well as working alone during lesson planning and administrative periods.
Be passionate about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom i.e.
embodies all the wholesome values that a child can model after.
NO SELF-SEEKERS, THANK YOU!
8. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural environment and possess great communication skills.
9. Have lived in smaller towns, being away from the big crowds, closer to nature with all the wonderful things it offers and LOOKING TO REPEAT THE EXPERIENCE!
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary from 255,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offer
3. Bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive years of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per school year in Japan. (April ~ March.
Holidays will be calculated pro-rata if joining midyear.)
5. Fully furnished, single-occupant accommodation with all rental set-up fees equal to a number of months’ rent, paid by school (i.e. key money, realtor’s commission,
etc.) Very reasonable monthly rent responsibility of occupant. Centrally located i.e. approx. a 10-minute walk to work, a 10-minute walk to downtown and a 20-minute walk to the train station.)
6. Visa sponsorship
7. Caring bosses, good school family
8. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences JULY/AUGUST 2019
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 hours / week when school is in session. A great deal less during student holidays.
3. Mainly teaching children with some opportunities to teach other age groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula used in class, if teacher so wishes.
5. Administrative and some PR, sales work.
** IMPORTANT! CHECK INBOX AND JUNK FOLDER for our reply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please include your:
(1) cover letter (tell us about yourself, your teaching philosophy and reasons for applying
for this position)
(2) updated resume
(3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (taken no later than 6 months ago)
(5) the photo page of your current passport (proof of nationality).