Far East, Japan
Experienced NATIVE English Teacher Needed in Maizuru, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Posted By: Best Eikaiwa
A small independent English school in Maizuru City, Kyoto Prefecture is looking for two experienced NATIVE English teachers who love teaching children and adults alike.
We will conduct Skype video interviews with suitable candidates for the available between 10:00-14:00 (JST).
There are two available positions for regular teachers. One position’s start date is March 16th, 2020. The other position’s start date is May, 2020.
Maizuru is a great place for people who would like to know the real Japan! We are situated among beautiful mountains, beaches, and scenic rice fields. The city is small enough to enjoy the perks of a close-knit, welcoming local community and large enough to provide easy living with its many shopping centers and an ever-helpful expat population. Cities such as Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe are roughly 1.5-2 hours away for your weekend or holiday adventures.
You will be teaching students of all ages, Monday to Friday. 80% of the students are beginner-level children, so we are looking for a friendly, outgoing and diligent person to fill this role. You must be able to memorize a routine and be highly organized.
Candidates currently residing in Japan are preferred, but highly qualified applicants living abroad are encouraged to apply. Work visa sponsorship will be considered for the right candidate, and visa renewal is not a problem
A Japanese license or International Driving Permit is mandatory for the regular teacher position.
What we offer you:
Salary: ¥250,000/month (First month max. ¥200,000- due to training period. Bonus of ¥50,000 on completion of contract.) Second year contract signing will increase the monthly salary by ¥5000. There is also a yearly performance-based bonus.
• 7 weeks paid holiday
• National Health Insurance
• Transportation costs covered
• Unemployment Insurance
• Japanese-style fully furnished house with a rent of ¥48,000 per month
• Leased car; ¥13,800 deducted from paycheck each month
• Include Resume
• 2 teaching references that we can contact via email or phone
• Cover letter explaining what qualities you can bring to our school. Please inform us about any health conditions as well as whether you would expect to be moving to Maizuru alone or with a spouse and/or children.
• 2 recent photos (personal and professional)
• A copy of your degree
• A copy of your Japanese Residence card or work visa if applicable