Far East, Japan
Amic International Inc
Amic English Center, a division of Amic International, is seeking applications for full-time employment in Matsuyama-shi, the capital of Ehime prefecture on Shikoku island in Japan. This job starts in fall 2020.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and teaching children's and adults’ conversation classes
- Assisting with day-to-day office activities
Salary and benefits:
- Salary starting from 250,000yen/month (based on experience)
- 1,000 to 5,000yen pay raise every 6 months based on the performance evaluation
- Proofreading allowance
- Apartment is ready at a reasonable rent
WEEKLY WORK SCHEDULE:
- 40 hours per week (8 hours/day, 5 days/week).
- Work days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Please be aware that the days off of this position are Fridays and Sundays.
- Teaching hours do not exceed 25 hours per week. Since the length of a lesson varies depending on its type, teaching time is calculated in minutes as opposed to the number of classes.
DAILY WORK SCHEDULE:
- Weekday working hours are from noon to 9 pm, including an hour break. Saturday working hours are from 10 am to 7 pm.
Amic International is a diversified English-language services company that offers English conversation classes at five schools throughout Matsuyama as well as translation and proofreading services for companies nationwide. The company also recently started programming courses for children to offer a greater range of educational services. It's a fun and interesting place to work, and the students are wonderful.
Matsuyama is a historic castle-town with the oldest continuously-used hot springs in Japan. There is plenty of entertainment, great food, shopping, exciting festivals, and easy access to places of natural beauty.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Fluency in English
- Bachelors degree required
- A flexible, positive attitude
- Teaching experience
- Teaching qualifications (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA)
- Proofreading experience
A work visa sponsorship is available.
To apply for this position, please email the following to the email address below:
1. A cover letter
3. A recent photo
4. A letter of reference
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.