Middle East, Iraq
Bii-British International Institute
ESL Teacher in Kurdistan, Iraq - 3month or 1 year contract for $ 2000 cash per month.
Accommodation/flights paid (possibility of contract extension)
We are looking for a creative, self-starting and enthusiastic native ESL
teachers to help deliver our summer ESL programme. You will be joining a team of English Native teachers.
Full accommodation will be provided in 4 Stars Hotels (not shared) 10 minutes from the centre. We will use CEFR syllabus to deliver the ESL course. Students will take a level test and be placed into classes accordingly. Lessons can be anytime between 09:00 and 20:00 with a maximum of 30 hours per week. There’s also the possibility to teach an IELTS class as well as manage an IELTS practice test.
Key accountabilities and duties
With the full support of the Head of Department, you will be expected: - To teach ESL lessons to all levels
- To prepare and deliver dynamic and effective lesson plans
- To prepare supplementary materials to use alongside textbooks
- To carry out administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with teaching
- To maintain accurate records of student attendance and academic progress Essential attributes
- Undergraduate Degree
- CELTA/DELTA qualification or 100+ hours TEFL//TESOL
- Proven significant ESL teaching experience
- Experience creating lesson plans
- Professional, positive, dynamic, communicative, flexible and social - Clear criminal record
- No pre-existing medical condition that would hinder your ability to fully fulfill the role. Desired attributes
- Experience delivering IELTS lessons / Practice tests - Experience teaching/living abroad
- Experience living in 45 degree heat
Kurdistan is a vibrant, safe and interesting place to work and live. Often coined as ‘the other Iraq’, Kurdistan is a relatively liberal and progressive region of the Middle East. Steeped in great history and culture, this mountainous region is harmoniously home to Muslims, Christians, and Atheists, alike. With Western calibre restaurants, bars, and supermarkets, as well as Eastern Bazaars and markets, Erbil is a real melting pot of cultures and a fascinating place to live.
To Apply: Please send your CV (with a photo), a short covering letter and a copy of your qualification certificates.