Far East, Cambodia
AVSE (Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi & Phnom Penh) is a leader in Southeast Asia’s booming education and training sectors.
We have entered contracts with a number of schools in Cambodia to provide quality candidates for ongoing, well-paid jobs teaching English as a second language (ESL). These positions offer an excellent opportunity for professionally-minded people of all ages who are looking for their first job, teaching English in a developing country.
Key features of these jobs teaching English in Cambodia include:
• While a university degree is highly regarded, it is not a perquisite
• The ability to save US $500.00 to US $1,000.00 each month due to the low cost of living
• ESL teachers in Cambodia typically work 30 hours (+/-) per week
• Teaching all ages & skill levels - young learners through to adults
• Free accommodation is often part of the employment agreement
• Ample ‘free-time’ to take in what Cambodia has to offer
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local people
• Assistance with obtaining a visa to enter Cambodia
• Guidance with Travel Insurance
• Support with obtaining permission to work in Cambodia
Successful applicants will possess advanced English language skills, unbridled enthusiasm & a spirit of adventure. Living and working in Cambodia can present challenges and the ability to adapt to what’s on offer is paramount.
- University degree (highly regarded, but not a prerequisite)
- Advanced English language skills
- Ability to adapt to living and working in Cambodia
Required Language Skills:
English - Very good
Additional Information / Benefits
Cambodia is very much the last frontier for ESL teaching and learning in Asia. It is a brilliant place to embark on a rewarding career teaching English as a second language (ESL). Teaching salaries for native English speakers (and near native English speakers) in Cambodia are high by local standards and the cost of living is low. Most foreign ESL teachers in Cambodia work around 30 hours a week in class and save between US $500.00 to US $1,000.00 a month after meeting all expenses.