Far East, Cambodia
REPORT TO : Vice Principal
The teacher shall be responsible for providing the effectiveness and efficiency teaching English to young students as the following:
- Preparing and performing lesson plans and teaching visual aids,
- Classroom management,
- Providing comfortable classroom environment,
- Motivating the students’ learning,
- Getting parents involvement,
- Conducting students assessment,
- Providing counseling to students,
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the Group’s policies.
• Respects and abides by the school’s vision, mission, goals, culture, philosophy and all management policies and guidelines.
• Develops course outline at the beginning of the term as required.
• Prepares entire lesson plan, quizzes, homework, assignments, mid-term examinations, final examinations with schedule due date, and delivers courses in subjects assigned by the Programs.
• Provides a positive environment in which students/kids are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process, especially the slow learners.
• Maintains the discipline inside classroom as well as the outside.
• Checks the students’ uniform, ID card, hygiene, jewelry, and attendance before starting the lesson.
• Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the students’ needs with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, and maintains cooperative working relationships, with students, parents, school and others institutions.
• Assesses students' progress.
• Provides feedback to parents on a student's progress at teacher parents' conference, the end of mid-term, final term, and other meetings.
• Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community;
• Initiates, plans, organizes and participates in activities, including extra-curricular activities, trainings, and workshops.
• Stays up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
• Maintains effective and efficient recordkeeping procedures.
• Works with other teachers to plan and coordinate work effectively and efficiently.
• Takes part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the other necessary cases.
• Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and coordinating.
• Attends the technical meetings assigned by the program in continuing professional development.
• Helps develop and publishes newsletter or bulletin.
• Write monthly and other reports.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by vice principal.
In order to perform the job effectively and efficiently, the incumbent needs to have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher of related field
• Certificate of Pedagogy
• Certificate of teaching methodology
Work Related Experience:
• At least having two-year experience in teaching the related field;
• Must have experience in using student-centered concept;
Technical Competencies and Skills:
• Good command of English, proven by at least TOEFL 500 or IELT score of over 5.5;
• Good teaching performance and planning lesson;
• Be able to manage the classroom problems;
• Be able to create and use teaching materials effectively
• Be able to prepare and deliver lesson plan effectively;
• Be able to use Ms Word, Excel and Power Point plus internet;
• Have pleasant personality and a sense of humor;
• Possesses strong oral and written communication skills;
• Work independently with little direct supervision;
• Ability to work under pressure and work in a team;
• Accept responsibility and is self-motivated;
• Demonstrate strong work ethic to achieve academy goals;
• Display effective multi-tasking and time management skills;
• Must be honest, reliable, friendly, flexible, cooperative and respectful;
• Competitive Salary
• 100% Study Benefits for children / Nieces / Nephews
• Health and Accident Insurance
• Seniority Pay15 Days Per Year
• Annual Leave 18 Days/Year and Holidays
• Soft Skill and Technical Training Opportunities
• Offering Free Visa extension (one year of service)