A British International School in Abu Dhabi require a counsellor to work with primary age students. The role is commencing late August.
To provide a confidential counselling service to primary age pupils and staff at a British International School in Abu Dhabi.
- Provide a supportive relationship to primary age children
- provide a safe environment where a child can improve social skills, self-awareness and learning capacity
- enhance the overall emotional health and mental wellbeing of the child.
- Providing one to one sessions, responding to personal, social, emotional or educational concerns;
- Maintain a caring and supportive environment where concerns may be explored, promoting the mental and emotional health of students;
- Provide confidentiality (except in circumstances, in line with BACP practice, where this should be breached);
- Uphold best practice as described by BACP guidelines.
- Be responsible for your own Professional Development maintenance and updating knowledge and awareness through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Liaise with staff members, (where appropriate and with pupil’s/parents consent)
- Keep student records and ensure these are kept secure;
- Be alert to patterns of problems and be willing to identify causes and recommend corrective action;
- Play an active role in Safeguarding children
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the field of counselling and education and the impact on the delivery of counselling;
- Post-graduate Diploma or Masters level in Counselling or Pyschotherapy
- BACP Accreditation
- A degree of post qualification experience
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work independently, manage own caseload and use initiative
- Tax Free Salary
- Medical Cover
- Free Education for 2 children
Please apply today with an up to date CV.