Far East, Taiwan
Wallace Academic Editing
Full-time In-house Academic Editor Wanted in Taipei, Taiwan
- Join a multinational team of academic editors who edit academic research papers for Taiwanese and Chinese researchers.
- Edit academic manuscripts intended for publication in international journals for errors pertaining to non-native English and clarity.
- Write instructional comments to authors on ways to improve their writing.
- Ensure manuscript adherence to conventions in engineering, medicine, science, and social science writing by referring to style guides.
- Attend weekly training sessions on academic editing conventions and incorporate feedback from regular peer evaluation in your editing.
Job Skills required:
- Fluent ability in English
- Detail-oriented style
- Ability to correct non-native academic writing errors
- A cheerful attitude and ability to work with other editors and management
- A four year degree plus two years working experience or a graduate degree
- A technical, medical, or scientific background is preferred
Wallace Academic Editing currently edits and translates papers from over 100 universities and research institutes in Taiwan. We specialize in academic editing and translation and invite applications from those who love editing and are familiar with academic writing.
Note: Candidate must be willing to relocate to and work in Taipei, Taiwan.
Please use "Academic Editor_your name" in the subject line. In your e-mail, please remember to mention the website on which you found our posting. We thank you for your interest, but only the most qualified candidates will be sent a brief sample to edit; interviews will be subsequently scheduled with those applicants whose performance on the sample edit are up to our recruitment standards.